• The KillerFrogs

WVU Returned Nearly All of their Allotment

Wexahu

Stadium will be decent. People well show up for gameday. After half time it will be UGLY.

Maybe so, but it was about 95 degrees for SMU and it's supposed to be 90 for this game. Still very hot but 5 degrees "cooler" is the difference between very uncomfortable and unbearable. It makes a difference. I hope the humidity is down but i doubt it will be.

Dogfrog

When we are leading 21-7 at half and its 100 degrees outside, half the crowd will disappear.

TCU is a country club, not an SEC fan base.

People need to get over it, embrace who we are, and instead of spending your time bitching about others around you, focus on taking care of your own business instead.

Irony.

Tom Brown

Maybe so, but it was about 95 degrees for SMU and it's supposed to be 90 for this game. Still very hot but 5 degrees "cooler" is the difference between very uncomfortable and unbearable. It makes a difference. I hope the humidity is down but i doubt it will be.

I hope its 140 on the field again. Western V would melt before our eyes.

Limp Lizard

And them standing in the sun for virtually the entire game while our guys get some shade can't hurt either.
It has been about 10 degrees cooler and much less humid the last two weeks in Morgantown, so that can't but help us. I can forgive the people with small children, and older fans for leaving early, but cannot by any means forgive the student body. If they don't stay, then shame, shame.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Hard to discern how fans at other universities are able to remain in attendance throughout their team's

'day' games....while our fans seemingly disappear. Is it that we lack that degree of ardent support or is

the weather in Tarrant County that much more intolerable? :confused:

Sebastian S

Tailgates is 1 problem but that's nothing new, every school has that.

Seems like people go out at half meaning to go back in but gets too comfortable and never goes back in.

Sebastian S

Also people opting for the shaded concourses around the stadium, which sometimes include a breeze, make it seem worse than it is. I think we sometimes pack a bunch of folks in there.

Those covered concourses are both good and bad.

At the OSU game, if you want to watch the game, you have to go back to your seats.

We did just that. Stayed in the concourse at half because it was HOT, but went back in the seats when the game started.

Lone Frog

It has been about 10 degrees cooler and much less humid the last two weeks in Morgantown, so that can't but help us. I can forgive the people with small children, and older fans for leaving early, but cannot by any means forgive the student body. If they don't stay, then shame, shame.
giphy.gif

I knew SMU was going to be particularly miserable when, climbing the stairs to my seat just before the game started, they were already taking someone out on a stretcher.

I'm flying to Pittsburgh tomorrow and will be in Morgantown through Thursday. I fly back on Friday (to DFW) so I will report back here with how many Western Virginia fans I see on the plane and around the airport. I'll be decked out in purple, so it should be an interesting experience while I am up there (and on the ride home). LOL

FROG PARENTS 1961

Yeah, but they're really Northwestern Virginia, so not as close as you think.
Western Maryland
Southern Ohio
Southwestern PA
Northeastern Kentucky
and finally Northwestern Virginia as already told .

Driven through Morgantown 3 times and if you don't live in the mountains then we are all "Flatlanders"

notyalc

That was a great atmosphere. Aaron Green had a great run, side stepping defenders laterally across the field. Boykin doing flips into the end zone, and the 360 camera that took a picture of me bending over pouring my muled Woodford Reserve into my ice cold Sprite.

Replay or it never happened.

WIN

That was a great atmosphere. Aaron Green had a great run, side stepping defenders laterally across the field. Boykin doing flips into the end zone, and the 360 camera that took a picture of me bending over pouring my muled Woodford Reserve into my ice cold Sprite.

Security!!!

ifrog

Also people opting for the shaded concourses around the stadium, which sometimes include a breeze, make it seem worse than it is. I think we sometimes pack a bunch of folks in there.

Yep we hang out there if it gets too hot. Lots of people under those concourses.