• The KillerFrogs

Recent content by vicarfrog

1. vicarfrog

FWST: Another TCU football player enters transfer portal

The silence around Damonic is the only thing I find weird about it.
  2. vicarfrog

Coach Avalos' defense

Not trying to argue, but I honestly don’t remember that being a description of JG’s defense. “Spill and kill” I heard a lot of, but not flying to the ball.
  3. vicarfrog

Coach Avalos' defense

You’re welcome to your opinion. I’m just answering the original question as to what anyone has heard. I guess we’ll all see for ourselves eventually.
  4. vicarfrog

Coach Avalos' defense

Jeremy Clark on 247sports has described the defense as flying to the ball, aggressive, and frustrating for the quarterback. It also sounds like the depth is very impressive too. I trust his judgement and it sounds like his assessment of this defense is that it is vastly improved.
  5. vicarfrog

FWST: TCU Football: Seven standouts from spring training camp

That is the primary question mark…and special teams. Those 2 get shored up, I think we’re in for an exciting season. Even if OL ends up with a slight improvement, I think we win more than last year. My prediction is somewhere north of 7 wins and somewhere south of conference championship. But...
  6. vicarfrog

DMN: A way-too-early look at TCU’s 2024 football schedule

Offensive line and kicking game are the big “?” If we can get those solidified, we could be scary good. If Offensive line plays slightly better than last year, we’ll probably flip a couple of games to the “w” column. Defense sounds fast and violent so far. My prediction is we will win more...
  7. vicarfrog

2024 Football Schedule

I agree. It makes us put up or shut up and it’s great for ratings.
  8. vicarfrog

2024 Football Schedule

Call me crazy, but this schedule is going to be TOUGH: UCF is going to be improved this year SMU is going to want this win bad Kansas is going to be tough Texas Tech is going to be tough Oklahoma State is Oklahoma State…tough! Utah is solid, winnable, but solid team Arizona is vastly improved...
  9. vicarfrog

2024 Football Schedule

It is really good. Did I see correctly though that everyone has 2 bye weeks?
  10. vicarfrog

FB Schedules: TCU adds Long Island to 2024 football schedule

No way! I love those games. It’s how us penny pinchers can go to a game. We buy them from the disinterested fans.
  11. vicarfrog

CHARGERS waiving MAD MAX. Back to practice squad.

Max Duggan is going to be a movie one day.
  12. vicarfrog

OT: Lone Star Beer. Question from some of the older beer drinkers here.

My friend got me hooked on "Old Style Beer." My problem with micro-brewery beer is, while I enjoy it, the alcohol content is intense. I drink a couple of micro-brewery beers and I'm gone. I can enjoy some Old Styles and still go about my business.
  13. vicarfrog

OT: Lone Star Beer. Question from some of the older beer drinkers here.

I've always appreciated this article: https://www.artofmanliness.com/living/food-drink/why-cheap-beer-is-still-awesome-and-5-you-should-enjoy-this-summer/ And THIS Red Steagall song:
  14. vicarfrog

SB Nation: TCU WR Savion Williams to return for the 2024 season

We are SO back, baby!! We got Bruno from La Tech, we got a very solid DE from Notre Dame and Savion coming back seals the deal.
  15. vicarfrog

Football Scoop: Sonny Dykes lays bare college football's problems

@Wexahu and @Land Frog Reading your comments to each other, all I can think of is that classic scene from Planes, Trains, & Automobiles: