• The KillerFrogs

East Side?

SuperToad

CDC said in his Notes on a Scorecard, that the east side will be "double decked". Is that yet another change, or does he mean the lower bowl (first 20 rows) and the new large section?

eagartotri

East side will look much like the new north endzone. Has been part of the plan from the beginning which gets us to the 43K. the east side will also come more up to street level as per the pics on stadium.tcu.edu. Neat feature will be it will wrap around towards the north endzone like the west side does, so will close in the noise.

With 43k, should be a loud atmosphere, especially with a sunken field. Just hope our fans get committed about coming on time and staying until the end.

Frog DJ

Just hope our fans get committed about coming on time and staying until the end.
Everyone has the right to do as they please, but I'm right there with ya'!

It's very disheartening for the players when they run out on the field, and the stands are half empty.

I know many fans love to tailgate right up to kickoff, but giving the team a proper greeting is more important to me.

Of course, I fully realize the game is not some people's top priority. To each his or her own, I guess.

Go Frogs! Do It Now!

back_in_black

Moderators
Hopefully playing Big 12 teams will change they way some fans do things. Funny that at the Rose Bowl the fans were in their seats before kickoff.

ShivasFrog

Everyone has the right to do as they please, but I'm right there with ya'!

It's very disheartening for the players when they run out on the field, and the stands are half empty.

I know many fans love to tailgate right up to kickoff, but giving the team a proper greeting is more important to me.

Of course, I fully realize the game is not some people's top priority. To each his or her own, I guess.

Hopefully playing Big 12 teams will change they way some fans do things. Funny that at the Rose Bowl the fans were in their seats before kickoff.

I think there are basically two types of fans. Those that are there primarily to support the team and those that are there to be entertained by the the team. The former get there early, cheer loudly and stay til the end. The latter makes their decision on when to enter the stadium based on the quality of the opponent and what game is showing on the tailgate bigscreen.

Like BinB said, hopefully a Big 12 schedule will help convert some of the previously less committed ones.

Big Frog II

I think there are basically two types of fans. Those that are there primarily to support the team and those that are there to be entertained by the the team. The former get there early, cheer loudly and stay til the end. The latter makes their decision on when to enter the stadium based on the quality of the opponent and what game is showing on the tailgate bigscreen.

Like BinB said, hopefully a Big 12 schedule will help convert some of the previously less committed ones.
Good observation.

fanatical frog

Tremendous anticipation for that game. Hopefully , B12 competition will approach that and we can get enough in the stadium early that there won't be so many left to talk to outside.

I am starting to think that frog fan forum is on a loop.... :p it's gonna be a long off week!

Amen. Capacity, LV bowl gets 1st pick (not the champ), to be a non-AQ AQ you have to win your conference, club seating, what else am I missing? There should be an exam you have to take every 100 posts so we don't have to repeat the same crap.

As for what the east side will look like, just think of the west side without the cutouts, club seating, suites, and 3rd deck. Seating rows will be where the suites are. Just imagine if a 3rd deck was erected several of the top rows in the 2nd deck would be covered, much like the old west side. I believe the architectural term is cantilevered.

Waccy Frog

Tremendous anticipation for that game. Hopefully , B12 competition will approach that and we can get enough in the stadium early that there won't be so many left to talk to outside.

Same with the Utah game in 2009. The stadium was packed at kickoff, and packed when the game ended. I'm sure the atmosphere won't change over night, but people do respond to big games differently. Sad fact is that most MWC games are boring laughers, with the outcome never in doubt. Hard to keep people's attention for 3.5 hours that way.

Atomic Frawg

Are you sure it's going to be double-decker? I thought it looked more split-level. By double-decker I mean seats actually over hanging other seats.

OmniscienceFrog

Are you sure it's going to be double-decker? I thought it looked more split-level. By double-decker I mean seats actually over hanging other seats.

It's not going to be double-decked as you describe double-decker. It is going to be two-levels, much like the west side without the suites and rising to about the level of the west side upper deck portals. Then, if they decide to expand it later it will be a cantilevered third level overhanging the second level.

PurplePutt

Look at the renderings and call it whatever you want. There (apparently) will be a mezzanine between lower bowl and second level/deck.

http://www.tcu360.com/football/2011/08/13080.tcu-continue-work-amon-g-carter-stadium-east-side-renovation

frogbyproxy

I was thinking all original renderings went out the window because of the chance of getting into a BCS conference. Then we went from Big East to the Big 12-?+?. I just wished we would make the East side equal to the height of the West and rap the top to the scoreboard on both sides. I'm betting what ever we do we sell out the next 10 years with CGP at the helm!

PurplePutt

I was thinking all original renderings went out the window because of the chance of getting into a BCS conference. Then we went from Big East to the Big 12-?+?. I just wished we would make the East side equal to the height of the West and rap the top to the scoreboard on both sides. I'm betting what ever we do we sell out the next 10 years with CGP at the helm!

That link I posted was to east side renderings that were released in August. I think the west side ended up looking like the original renderings except maybe for the NW UD wrap around.

frogbyproxy

That link I posted was to east side renderings that were released in August. I think the west side ended up looking like the original renderings except maybe for the NW UD wrap around.

Your right Purple and thanks! Makes you wonder if they are holding back until the cathedral of college football is completed. :tongue:

There's a long tradition at TCU football games of showing off cute clothes and drinking beer. It will take a shift in the mentality of TCU fans that their presence in the stadium (and cheering loudly) can actually make a difference in the outcome of the game. I think the shift is happening, but it will take more than one decade of winning to do that.

ShivasFrog

There's a long tradition at TCU football games of showing off cute clothes and drinking beer. It will take a shift in the mentality of TCU fans that their presence in the stadium (and cheering loudly) can actually make a difference in the outcome of the game. I think the shift is happening, but it will take more than one decade of winning to do that.
Yep. Better opponents and bigger home games will obviously help, but there is a subset of Frog fans who are unlikely to change.