• The KillerFrogs

Cannot Believe this...

Horny4TCU

We had 4 fumbles and still won....

The Big XII is going to suck for TCU if we don't fix that. And I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but TCU needs to get some bigger OLmen or we aren't going to be able to run the ball. Then again, with Pachall, who needs to run!?!?! 473 YARDS!!!!!!!!

cdsfrog

The Big XII is going to suck for TCU if we don't fix that. And I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but TCU needs to get some bigger OLmen or we aren't going to be able to run the ball. Then again, with Pachall, who needs to run!?!?! 473 YARDS!!!!!!!!

TCU RB's dont play well in cold weather. Guess what? Very little cold weather in the big 12.

I bet we do really well next year. #3 or #4 best, who the hell knows maybe better!

Horny4TCU

TCU RB's dont play well in cold weather. Guess what? Very little cold weather in the big 12.

I bet we do really well next year. #3 or #4 best, who the hell knows maybe better!

Darn straight! I am that hopeful as well, and in GP I trust. TCU just beat the #5 team in the country, and they had arguably one of the best DLs in the country, but 50 yards rushing (minus Casey's negative) is still really bad when you have Wesley, Tucker, and James.

cdsfrog

Darn straight! I am that hopeful as well, and in GP I trust. TCU just beat the #5 team in the country, and they had arguably one of the best DLs in the country, but 50 yards rushing (minus Casey's negative) is still really bad when you have Wesley, Tucker, and James.

Boise stacked 8 in the box the whole night. They dared Casey to beat them, bad decision.

A very confident CP is going to really surprise some teams next year. I can't even tell you how damn lucky TCU is. Texas still is struggling to find their offensive footing with a QB that can't throw. TCU loses arguably their QB ever (Sammy Baugh/ Davey O'Brien would argue that) and the replacement is an even better pure passer. What CP has done in his first year starting is amazing, leaps and bounds better than Dalton 2009 and not too far off 2010 Dalton (Can't believe I am even saying that)

Also want to say thank you Sean Stilley, Ty Gunn, Jeff Ballard and all of the quarterbacks that came before these two. If it wasn't for them, TCU would have never gotten Dalton/CP in the first place!

GO FROGS!!!!!

TCUBetterThanYou

We didn't rush the ball well, but in terms of the overall yardage, recall that there was negative 30 yards or so factored in because of that freak play on the short side option where the pitch got blocked.

helcap

James should be getting the ball on 75% of our rushes. By far our best back and he doesn't fumble
For some reason the OC's wanted Pachall to have 75% of our rushes. Even the TV analyst thought it strange that so many plays had been designed for him to carry the ball.

neo926

On your first point, I agree. Way too many fumbles the last two weeks. I was willing to give them a pass against Wyoming as just a freak occurrence, but two weeks in a row, has to be fixed.

To your second point, suggesting that we won't be able to run the ball is ridiculous. You do remember we ran for 400 yards the week before against Wyoming on the road in the cold, right? Now, Wyoming's defense isn't an elite defense or anything like that, but to suggest that our lineman are too small is absurd.

Boise stacked the box to play the run. TCU adjusted and threw the ball instead. Therefore we threw for 500 yards in the air. Instead of criticizing our running game, I think you should be more impressed that the last two weeks our offense put up 500+ yards of offense, and one week it was by gaining 400 yards on the ground, and the next week it was by gaining 400+ yards in the air.

I think our run game is ok but that yesterday Boise played right into our hands. Boise didn't think we could beat them in the air and we proved otherwise. It did seem like the run game was a little off but you have to give them a little credit.

Houston Frog

On your first point, I agree. Way too many fumbles the last two weeks. I was willing to give them a pass against Wyoming as just a freak occurrence, but two weeks in a row, has to be fixed.

To your second point, suggesting that we won't be able to run the ball is ridiculous. You do remember we ran for 400 yards the week before against Wyoming on the road in the cold, right? Now, Wyoming's defense isn't an elite defense or anything like that, but to suggest that our lineman are too small is absurd.

Boise stacked the box to play the run. TCU adjusted and threw the ball instead. Therefore we threw for 500 yards in the air. Instead of criticizing our running game, I think you should be more impressed that the last two weeks our offense put up 500+ yards of offense, and one week it was by gaining 400 yards on the ground, and the next week it was by gaining 400+ yards in the air.

In fairness to the OP, we rarely have the run the ball effectively when we play a good defense.

BABYFACE

I am surprised an the over-reaction posters we have here. TCU pulled off a big upset on the road and again the prophets of doom emerge.

A good team tries to correct it's mistakes and strives for perfection to get better each week. But after a great win, there is always somebody that has to leave a [ Finebaum ] in the punchbowl. They are just some that don't have it in them, to just accept it when something good happens and to enjoy it.

Mike Brooks

Boise was hell bent on stopping the run. Probably looked back at Fiesta Bowl and saw how ineffective we were throwing all the time and wanted to make Casey beat them. Probably thought they could get good pressure on him. Lots of run blitzes.

Bigger linemen? Check our line stats versus the Big 12. We are fine. Just need experience. How did UT's road grader line do yesterday?

RaiderHater

Didn't really get Boise stacking the box and forcing Pachall to throw. Maybe Peterson thought Pachall would crack under the pressure and not throw well and make a lot of stupid mistakes

However games like this, you don't care about stats at all. Win by one point!

dmpinkstaff

Wondered all year (until yesterday) why we weren't more vertical with the pass. Think LHCGP and staff were keeping quite a bit off the film and BSU didn't know or think we could go that vertical on them with CP at the helm. Just my opinion. Great win.

Go Frogs!!

Houston Frog

Wondered all year (until yesterday) why we weren't more vertical with the pass. Think LHCGP and staff were keeping quite a bit off the film and BSU didn't know or think we could go that vertical on them with CP at the helm. Just my opinion. Great win.

Go Frogs!!

You know, we always talk on these message boards about how we're "saving some things" for Opponent X, but we never actually were, we were just a little more vanilla than we as fans liked to see.

Well, I think we actually were saving somethings for Boise.

NubomTurk

Tier 1
You know, we always talk on these message boards about how we're "saving some things" for Opponent X, but we never actually were, we were just a little more vanilla than we as fans liked to see.

Well, I think we actually were saving somethings for Boise.
Mrs. Turk noted that in the Fiesta Bowl, TCU was out-coached.
She noted that yesterday, Boise was out-coached.
Mrs. Turk is smart like that sometimes.