• The KillerFrogs

You've got to be excited for Ft. Worth, our partner

Screaming Flea

This involvement with the Big12 is a shot in the economic arm of downtown Ft. Worth and businesses close to TCU. Hotels, eateries and the entertainment industry will benefit immediately. Increased media attention, mass transportation, housing will be impacted with TCU benefiting.

Recently I've heard more references comparing Ft. Worth to the earlier days of Austin. We're in the midst of exciting times for the school on the hill and one of the most unique and beautiful cities in the U.S.

TCU and Ft. Worth truly are partners! TCU more than ever is a destination.

NYC Horned Frog

I am excited for the city, it's been great what has been changing over the years. I just truly hope Fort Worth doesn't lose its identity. Compared to a young Austin? Don't get me wrong I love Austin, insanely fun place and I spend lots of time there and would enjoy living there at some point but I love the whole little big city feel that Fort Worth has always had. Also, Austin grew too fast for their infrastructure and is having some traffic/sewer/public problems now. Everyone I know agrees that Fort Worth has all the amenities of a big city, you have Dallas if you want to do that whole thing, but the city itself STILL manages to keep a small town, good old boy feel to it.

I understand the whole adage "If you're not growing, you're dying" I just hope Fort Worth can do it and keep it's mentality. I love that city.

Portland Frog

I am excited for the city, it's been great what has been changing over the years. I just truly hope Fort Worth doesn't lose its identity. Compared to a young Austin? Don't get me wrong I love Austin, insanely fun place and I spend lots of time there and would enjoy living there at some point but I love the whole little big city feel that Fort Worth has always had. Also, Austin grew too fast for their infrastructure and is having some traffic/sewer/public problems now. Everyone I know agrees that Fort Worth has all the amenities of a big city, you have Dallas if you want to do that whole thing, but the city itself STILL manages to keep a small town, good old boy feel to it.

I understand the whole adage "If you're not growing, you're dying" I just hope Fort Worth can do it and keep it's mentality. I love that city.

Well said

FinanceFrog

i think fort worth played a major part in the big 12 invite. fort worth is in competition with austin for the best big 12 city to visit. hopefully visiting fans decide to stay in fort worth rather than dallas. they'll have a good time in cow town.

i think fort worth played a major part in the big 12 invite. fort worth is in competition with austin for the best big 12 city to visit. hopefully visiting fans decide to stay in fort worth rather than dallas. they'll have a good time in cow town.

I was thinking Fort Worth should have put tourism print ads and commercials in B12 markets over the last few weeks.

I tell people all the time that it's like Austin without all the hippies, dirty orange, more gas stations, better food, more quality of music, less ego, and it's easier to get around.

I used to have a love affair with Austin but no I can't imagine living anywhere else. I moved back a little over a year ago and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. My gf says that she's never seen me happier, I'm not as stressed as I was, and I'm not as grumpy after a long day at the office. There's just something about this town that puts my troubled mind at ease.

I have a handful of friends that have decided to make the move in the last month as well. They've all said they had no idea Fort Worth had so much character and flavor. There's a musician friend of mine who made the move and it should really help his career take off.

The food, the music, the atmosphere, the energy...this place is going nowhere but up. I'm very proud to now call Fort Worth my hometown.

NYC Horned Frog

[quote name='angelo's frog' timestamp='1318518633' post='952458']
Have you been to Fred's? Austin has nothing on Fred's.
[/quote]

Austin friends have always taken me to different burger places over the years saying the best burger. While Austin does have some awesome and varied cuisine, Fort Worth still takes the crown on burgers. My favorite steak also, even above New York places.

[quote name='angelo's frog' timestamp='1318518633' post='952458']
Have you been to Fred's? Austin has nothing on Fred's.
[/quote]

Fred's was one of the deciding factors for one of my friend's move. Fort Worth has become Burger Town and Fred's is at the top of the list. I can't tell you how many 100+ degree days this summer were spent sitting on the patio eating the best burger and drinking the coldest beer.

When people come to town I take them to Fred's for lunch and La Familia (right around the corner) for dinner. La Familia's Turnerita is the best drink in town.

ATXFrog

If you could move the hills, Lake Travis, and Lake Austin to Fort Worth I would be up there in a heart beat. I'm sure Fort Worth has a great music scene, especially for country and blues, but to think it has more quality then Austin would be crazy talk.. Austin is the music capitol of the world, not just Texas.

Having been in Austin since 2002, the explosion of downtown is what I think people are saying could happen to Fort Worth. Seems there is a lot more going on these days and I think Fort Worth is a place where you could buy low and sell high. There is no more buying low in Austin close to downtown. And while traffic on 35 in Austin is bad for you out of towners I guess none of you live in Keller and deal with 820/35. Yikes!

People say you might be able to find Dallas in Austin, but you can't find Austin in Dallas.
I'm sure they will say the same thing about Fort Worth soon.

fanforlife

If you could move the hills, Lake Travis, and Lake Austin to Fort Worth I would be up there in a heart beat. I'm sure Fort Worth has a great music scene, especially for country and blues, but to think it has more quality then Austin would be crazy talk.. Austin is the music capitol of the world, not just Texas.

Having been in Austin since 2002, the explosion of downtown is what I think people are saying could happen to Fort Worth. Seems there is a lot more going on these days and I think Fort Worth is a place where you could buy low and sell high. There is no more buying low in Austin close to downtown. And while traffic on 35 in Austin is bad for you out of towners I guess none of you live in Keller and deal with 820/35. Yikes!

People say you might be able to find Dallas in Austin, but you can't find Austin in Dallas.
I'm sure they will say the same thing about Fort Worth soon.

I work in the music industry, and the quality of the bands in Fort Worth and Austin are much closer than you realize. Any time someone associates country and blues with Fort Worth, I chuckle. The Dallas Observer's music awards this year are littered with indie rock bands from Fort Worth. In my opinion, the best thing we have going right now is a strong rap/hip-hop element.

Austin has a much better infrastructure for music and the "live music capitol" tag, which means it sees better touring acts. SXSW is probably the world's premier music event. Don't get me wrong, I love Austin music, but if I had to throw away all of my CDs from current Austin or Fort Worth bands, I'd easily say see you later 512.

If you ask any successful musician in Fort Worth (who obviously plays Austin regularly) if they would like to relocate down 35, you'd get a no every time. Fort Worth is cheaper and in a lot of ways, more supportive of local music. The above poster claiming that his friend's music career is better off for being in Fort Worth is on point.