• The KillerFrogs

Paha good arm, not a runner like Andy

Smooth42

Patterson may want to think about zone d by now. We just don't have the horses to run his aggressive style d IMO. The big plays have put too much pressure on the team.

The spread offense works well with a vertical running qback. I like paha as a drop back, That's it. He doesn't give the extra threat that running qbacks give.

Schemes need to be adjusted to fit offensive and defensive talent level.

Atomic Frawg

True, Dalton was a master at getting 5-6 unnoticed yards on a run. CP's legs are so long, it takes him 10 strides to get up to speed.

cdsfrog

That's because of sacks. AD was a better runner. CP has the better arm but he's slower on the run.

Right now yes. He is faster but doesnt have the same instincts. Do the stats and take out the sacks, Dalton was still a TERRIBLE runner until game 7.

Trust me I know this, since I already did the stats myself.

JimSwinkLives!

Right now yes. He is faster but doesnt have the same instincts. Do the stats and take out the sacks, Dalton was still a TERRIBLE runner until game 7.

Um, no. I don't trust you since you can't see with your own eyes how slow of a runner CP is. It ain't rocket science.

Atomic Frawg

I did the stats with my eyes from being at an average of 8 games a year for the past ten years. AD had the ability to pick up 4-6 yards with his "diving" runs that kept plenty of drives alive, and he did it frequently. Obviously, you didn't notice those crucial plays...hence the "unnoticed" reference. My point has nothing to do with his average per carry.

Screaming Flea

Um, no. I don't trust you since you can't see with your own eyes how slow of a runner CP is. It ain't rocket science.

This is the same guy Jim Swink Lives, that argued and argued his stats on smu being the lesser talent. His stats then and now are a bit flawed. Know it alls really seem to know it all.

cdsfrog

CP is faster than Dalton that is a fact, not an opinion.. He commits to the run too late and does make as good of decisions when it's come to run (10x better decisions passing wise vs 07/08 Dalton)

Ok fine you want the stats, you go it

First 9 games

Dalton averaged less than .5 yards including sacks (some were his runs btw). Even if I take all of them out he averages less 3 YPC. CP averages around the same taking out sacks, a little less.

cdsfrog

This is the same guy Jim Swink Lives, that argued and argued his stats on smu being the lesser talent. His stats then and now are a bit flawed. Know it alls really seem to know it all.

You're right flea, I didnt have as little in faith in TCU as you did prior. I didnt think they would have a D- effort for the only name opponent they play at home this year. I didnt think the refs would straight cheat them. I didnt think Mccoy would hand them a touch down and get burnt for 2 more

And I didnt think a journeyman QB, who was horrible for 4 years and sucked in every game save memphis would light us for TDs

Congratulations flea, you were right and I was wrong.

cdsfrog

I did the stats with my eyes from being at an average of 8 games a year for the past ten years. AD had the ability to pick up 4-6 yards with his "diving" runs that kept plenty of drives alive, and he did it frequently. Obviously, you didn't notice those crucial plays...hence the "unnoticed" reference. My point has nothing to do with his average per carry.

My point was Dalton was an awful runner the first 9 games, (thought it was less) and people have a short memory when it comes to this.

Pachall will never be the runner that Dalton developed into, but like AD he will get better.

Atomic Frawg

Again, it's really not about the stats. It's about getting key yards at key times. Thus far, AD was absolutely better, but hopefully CP will continue to grow into the position with respect to the subtleties of running the option.

We are on the same sheet in that regard.

back_in_black

Moderators
Prior to OT the defense gave up 27 points (7 were from the fumble to open the 3rd q). As far as I'm concerned 10 of those were a gift from the officials on bad pass int calls. They weren't great but good enough to win. If the offense could do anything early on we're having a different conversation.

cdsfrog

Again, it's really not about the stats. It's about getting key yards at key times. Thus far, AD was absolutely better, but hopefully CP will continue to grow into the position with respect to the subtleties of running the option.

We are on the same sheet in that regard.

+1

At least you don't want him benched. That comment pissed me off almost as much as the loss.

I am PISSED, but getting over it faster than I thought I would. Ready for SDSU next week!

Nervous as [Craig James] but ready!

Boomhauer

+1

At least you don't want him benched. That comment pissed me off almost as much as the loss.

I am PISSED, but getting over it faster than I thought I would. Ready for SDSU next week!

Nervous as [Craig James] but ready!

Nervous? We've already lost to Baylor and SMU. At this point what is there to be nervous about?

Latest posts