• The KillerFrogs

BE expansion report

cdsfrog

bull[Craig James] on airforce

Airforce has to park their non football sports elsewhere and there is no chance in hell the MWC allows it.

Maybe the WAC?

WVUFan

I'm OK with that. Always enjoy playing both schools. But I'm more interested in where your Mountaineers are gonna be playing.

I am too to be honest. We can safely say that the BE will never take a BCS team now SU and Pitt left and will never get ND, Supposedly ECU and Temple will be joining as full members and UCF is off the board as the BE schools do not want team in the states they are currently in.

As for what WVU UoL ect will do is up in the Air. WVU wants to remain in a BCS league and I know that TCU is also looking at options, IF either schools decides to go else were BE will lose its BCS status and might anyways.

angelo's frog

AFA could go Missouri Valley Conf in other sports. However, I don't think this makes a lot of sense for them. They've got a pretty good situation right now with the exception of the money and I don't think more money is going to make a huge difference in their sport program. However, when the BE eventually disintegrates, I suppose they will always be able to go back.

froginaustin

bull[Craig James] on airforce

Airforce has to park their non football sports elsewhere and there is no chance in hell the MWC allows it.

Maybe the WAC?
If the WAC marches on with FBS football, don't NCAA rules prevent AFA joining them if AFA plays football in the Big East?

If so, it'd have to be something like the Big West, MVC or WCC, I guess.

Lots of nasty details to deal with before AFA joins the BE, either as a football-only or an all-sports (not competitive in basketball; bad travel scene for non-football programs).

HUT-Frog

WCC is perfect for them.

It would be perfect for Boose State too

It's not that much further to Idaho -- and it's a helluva lot closer to guaranteeing BCS AQ inclusion.

FROGDADDY

[quote name='angelo's frog' timestamp='1317219794' post='934052']
As long as we don't lose anyone else that might be ok but every team in the league is looking to bail given the first opportunity so I wouldn't sign a long term lease if I were AFA.
[/quote]

If I'm AFA I'm staying right where I am.

HUT-Frog

The ESPN Factor has always been a BAD thing, from my point of view.

But, if ESPN did work to "save" UConn and keep the Big East together, then I would have to give them a reprieve.

But not until I see it!