• The KillerFrogs

At this time, I'd like to thank OU Pres David Boren.....

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
for taking my mind off last night's game.

Baylor may have won the battle last night, but they may still lose the war.

ZeeFrog

big plans from big minds re big9,bigeast,mwc; it will be an orderly process...as paul harvey would say "stand by for news". :-0

Scarface

for taking my mind off last night's game.

Baylor may have won the battle last night, but they may still lose the war.

Boren is trying to get both OU and OSU in the PAC 12. The SEC and the PAC 12 both want OU real bad, so taking OSU will probably win it for the PAC 12.

Larrt Scott wants OU, Kansas, UT and Mizzou but probably will settle for OU, OSU, Kansas and UT. He's not interested in tech, baylor or Kansas State.

UT also does not want tech into the PAC 12, because if the red raiders get into the PAC 12 tech may not be willing to continue blowing Bevo.

tech and baylor are frvcked!

ZeeFrog

“Of course, we have some great partners in the existing Big 12. We have interest from other conferences and other universities, so it’s really a tribute to the strength of our program at the University of Oklahoma that there is so much interest in us. So, we have to carefully evaluate the various comments that are being made to us and the various possibilities that are being shown to us before we decide what’s best for the university to do.”

“You’ve seen both. You’ve seen a tendency toward consolidation and then you’ve seen some pushback in the very largest conferences from schools that say, ‘Not too big.’ We’re trying to sort all that out. At this point in time, I’m being very honest with you, I do not know with certainty or perhaps even can’t hazard a totally intelligent guess as to what our final decision will be. But we are carefully looking over all of the options. There is no school in the Big 12 more active than we are right now.” David Boren

SoonerBredCD

Boren is trying to get both OU and OSU in the PAC 12. The SEC and the PAC 12 both want OU real bad, so taking OSU will probably win it for the PAC 12.

Larrt Scott wants OU, Kansas, UT and Mizzou but probably will settle for OU, OSU, Kansas and UT. He's not interested in tech, baylor or Kansas State.

UT also does not want tech into the PAC 12, because if the red raiders get into the PAC 12 tech may not be willing to continue blowing

tech and baylor are frvcked!

This is dumb. Per usual, you don't know what you're talking about and making stuff up as you go.

Dogfrog

Herbie's take on this is that this is just noise and that B12 will bring in BYU and OU will stay. Of course, that's probably what ESPN wants.

Scarface

This is dumb. Per usual, you don't know what you're talking about and making stuff up as you go.

And you're a boomer hillbilly.

All you Big12ers didn't think Nebraska, Colorado and aTm would leave either. It's OU now, and you're saying this won't happen also.

It's all over, but for Deloss Dodds screwing anybody he can as he exits. baylor and tech are out.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Herbie's take on this is that this is just noise and that B12 will bring in BYU and OU will stay. Of course, that's probably what ESPN wants.

Bingo!

ESPN wants the Longhorn Network to succeed, therefore UT needs a suitable set of Conference mates to make it happen. So OU leaves. Big deal. DeLoss... uh... ESPN...uh...The BIGXII invites SMU and UH, football powerhouses (!) to keep the BIGXII going. ESPN says over and over just how good these two programs are and what a worthy set of additions they are to the BCS! Why, the BIGXII has never been stronger!

I want to puke...

Scarface

I hate the Big 12 and want to see it die. But with our attitude of taking pleasure in other's agony, we are turning into them.

This isn't just about us. Heck, we're going to the Big East.

What about SMU, Houston, Rice and all the other non AQs out there who have been looked down on and ridiculed by Baylor these last 17 years. What goes around comes around.

Go Frogs!

InterestedObserver

The smoke is getting thicker. OK-Aggies now making statements as well:

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/colleges/2011/09/big-12-future-becoming-cloudier-as-osu-joins-ou-in-plans-to-explore-other-options.html

AEAfrog

And you're a boomer hillbilly.

All you Big12ers didn't think Nebraska, Colorado and aTm would leave either. It's OU now, and you're saying this won't happen also.

It's all over, but for Deloss Dodds screwing anybody he can as he exits. baylor and tech are out.

Not so much didn't think as didn't care. The Big 12 can live on if OU and UT want it to. That's the way it has always been and it hasn't changed.

goldenfrog

The smoke is getting thicker. OK-Aggies now making statements as well:

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/colleges/2011/09/big-12-future-becoming-cloudier-as-osu-joins-ou-in-plans-to-explore-other-options.html

If WV, Pitt and Louisville leve for the big 12 the big east is done. I really feel like ut will do anything to keep TCU down.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
Bingo!

ESPN wants the Longhorn Network to succeed, therefore UT needs a suitable set of Conference mates to make it happen. So OU leaves. Big deal. DeLoss... uh... ESPN...uh...The BIGXII invites SMU and UH, football powerhouses (!) to keep the BIGXII going. ESPN says over and over just how good these two programs are and what a worthy set of additions they are to the BCS! Why, the BIGXII has never been stronger!

I want to puke...

Currently, Pac 12 plans are for a national conference network with several local ones, wholely owned by the conference.

Now, picture a Pac 16 where the league still has ownership rights but shares them with ESPN. And the networks now include PacNet-Central (formerly LHN). The league trades an ownership percentage for 4 new teams. The league wins, the schools win and ESPN wins.

That's the scenario we may be headed for.