• The KillerFrogs

Frogs return to Lupton

iancurtis

Yeah where were all the students? Three weeks ago all I heard was there weren't enough seats for students. Watched the game on replay, had to work tonight, and didn't see many students in their section.

A big portion of the annoying ones are sitting in my section because they feel entitled to do so I guess. I'm only 35 but starting to feel like a blue hair because I wish to god these kids would sit in the student area with the others ones where they are supposed to. three games in a row I have had to run the same group of kids out of my seats 30 minutes before the game at which point they just move over a little bit and then I'm stuck listening to them all night. The problem with this is that a ton of people in the section have bought season tickets but only come on Saturday or Sunday.

I'm pretty liberal as far as kids having a good time but at the same time I didn't buy the seats that I have and give money to the diamond club so that I could sit in the middle of the heckling crew and listen to a guy scream at least 57 times, "Tuck in your back pocket" that was old after about 10 times. I'm glad the kids care and are creating an atmosphere, it's just annoying as hell. It's annoying also since I know a lot of people who tried to get seats in our area this year but can only get upper deck seats because there aren't any left to be sold. However the people that have bought them never come to the games so I'm overrun with kids.

OK, vent over.

2314@work

Contributor
I agree, baseball idiocy is a pretty accurate term. We've got people on here practically having nervous breakdowns because we struggled with UNLV and Texas State and none of them take the time to discover that both those teams are pretty good. UNLV is 17-6 with wins over Tech, Arizona, and of course TCU. Texas State is 15-5 with wins over Nebraska, Baylor, and a series sweep of UH. Are we playing up to expectations, no. Is there a whole bunch of season left to turn that around, yes.

I'm worried about not getting a Super Regional in Fort Worth this year. Don't know if I can afford another Austin trip this year. Been the past 2 years, but economy is horrible for some of us this year.

Spike

I'm worried about not getting a Super Regional in Fort Worth this year. Don't know if I can afford another Austin trip this year. Been the past 2 years, but economy is horrible for some of us this year.

Doubt we go back to Austin anytime soon. We may not host, but I think the whorns have seen enough of the cockroaches for a while now.

2314@work

Contributor
Doubt we go back to Austin anytime soon. We may not host, but I think the whorns have seen enough of the cockroaches for a while now.
Which means the next possibility is more than 3 hours away. I am thankful all should be on TV.
Another trip to Austin and I could get Bermaids :eek:hmy:

tcumaniac

Yeah where were all the students? Three weeks ago all I heard was there weren't enough seats for students. Watched the game on replay, had to work tonight, and didn't see many students in their section.
My friends, including myself have lots of tests this week. It's hard to make time for week day baseball games. There should be good numbers this weekend.

amfurman10

A big portion of the annoying ones are sitting in my section because they feel entitled to do so I guess. I'm only 35 but starting to feel like a blue hair because I wish to god these kids would sit in the student area with the others ones where they are supposed to. three games in a row I have had to run the same group of kids out of my seats 30 minutes before the game at which point they just move over a little bit and then I'm stuck listening to them all night. The problem with this is that a ton of people in the section have bought season tickets but only come on Saturday or Sunday.

I'm pretty liberal as far as kids having a good time but at the same time I didn't buy the seats that I have and give money to the diamond club so that I could sit in the middle of the heckling crew and listen to a guy scream at least 57 times, "Tuck in your back pocket" that was old after about 10 times. I'm glad the kids care and are creating an atmosphere, it's just annoying as hell. It's annoying also since I know a lot of people who tried to get seats in our area this year but can only get upper deck seats because there aren't any left to be sold. However the people that have bought them never come to the games so I'm overrun with kids.

OK, vent over.

Those kids were the worst hecklers I have ever heard. I honest to god think they were annoying our players more than theirs. Not to mention they were heckling a team that was 0-14 or whatever....oh, and they beat us.

Pharm Frog

Just came upon this....pretty embarrassing.

http://www.shaggybev...Houston-Baptist

Someone on the board was asking about an expected ratio of hits to runs. Through 5 innings in Austin, the Horns have 11 runs on 7 hits and one of those hits came last inning when they didn't score a run, so through 4 innings they had scored 11 on 6 hits. It doesn't hurt when you opponents have issued 7 BBs and 2 HBP in five innings. Now that's some kind of hit/run ratio.....

leofrog

OK, vent over.
What Section?

Spike

Just came upon this....pretty embarrassing.

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/85968-Texas-vs-Houston-Baptist

Text book UT arrogance, I see Purke has managed to get under their skin. Casual fans cannot understand how I hate UT so much.

ON EDIT: amazing that they are ragging on one of their own players.

amfurman10

Text book UT arrogance, I see Purke has managed to get under their skin. Casual fans cannot understand how I hate UT so much.

ON EDIT: amazing that they are ragging on one of their own players.

You obviously don't frequent that board....it's hilarious.

2314@work

Contributor
UT arrogance ... Casual fans cannot understand how I hate UT so much.
You're a TCU fan and are supposed to hate UT the most.
Spike, us guys who grew up in Fort Worth cheering for the Frogs understand.
I just wish some of the young snots on this board who don't understand could open up their brains and truly understand why TCU fans should hate UT the most. Ignorance to history is no excuse.

iancurtis

The guy from Kansas tucked in his back pocket. Then gave the thumbs up. If tuck in your back pocket bothers you don't sit in Section L.

It wasn't Kansas, it was last night and not in section L. That statement doesn't bother me and the heckling doesn't bother me. In fact for the most part I find humor in the hecklers around the stadium and find humor in the ignorance of some of the amateurs as well as how some of them are a bad Saturday night live skit just waiting to happen. Just saying that it is annoying when I can't hear my wife who is sitting next to me speaking to me because it is non stop and just overall obnoxious and a couple of feet from my ear. I am a realist and not ever going to ask somebody to stop supporting their team especially the Frogs and as long as it is clean. There is a place for that in the stadium and in baseball, all I am saying is that is annoying when you lay down money for seats, not in the student section, and all of a sudden you have a makeshift student section with the majority of them not even watching the game and up and down all over the place, in the way, going to talk to somebody, coming back. At least the hecklers usually stay put. The good thing is that on weekends usually the season ticket holders come and the students go somewhere else. I can't believe I've really posted on this because like I said before I must be getting really old to even have a reaction to the youngsters. A couple of years ago it wouldn't have even registered with me.

Spike

You're a TCU fan and are supposed to hate UT the most.
Spike, us guys who grew up in Fort Worth cheering for the Frogs understand.
I just wish some of the young snots on this board who don't understand could open up their brains and truly understand why TCU fans should hate UT the most. Ignorance to history is no excuse.

If you want to get technical, I actually reserve the right to hate the Aggies, Techtards, and Gaylor more than UT on any given day. Thing of it as a hate pie. The pie never changes size, but the pieces may get sliced into various portions. I usually have less hate for Baylor and Tech as they still play us (usually).

swimmerbabe11

I only wish that our ball park has ever been so loud it was difficult to hear the person next to you.

And sitting in the section by the away team's dugout always turns into the heckling area...guess why? oh yeah, cause they aren't gonna hear you from the third base line on the second deck.

Also, as much as I love visiting College Station...there is NO way I want to play a Super there. The atmosphere is waaaay better there (not in our favor) than Augieworld. And with our bats..I don't want to see their pitching.

(edit: although it would be really cheap for me)