• The KillerFrogs

Uniform Watch

HFrog1999

"Doesn't really matter either way, since the Horned Frogs are pretty much the ugliest team in the nation no matter what they wear."......????

What a strange fellow.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
scroll down and you will see the TCU section

http://sports.espn.g...15_BCS_uniforms

When it will be worn: The Rose Bowl, New Year's Day, against Wisconsin -- maybe. Although this uniform was unveiled on Tuesday, Uni Watch is now hearing from reliable sources that it probably will not be worn, and that TCU will most likely wear purple, not black.

Uni Watch says: Doesn't really matter either way, since the Horned Frogs are pretty much the ugliest team in the nation no matter what they wear.

The word y'all are searching for is d-o-u-c-h-e-b-a-g.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Uni Watch says: Doesn't really matter either way, since the Horned Frogs are pretty much the ugliest team in the nation no matter what they wear.

More love from ESPN...

They are certainly relentless, aren't they?

Limey Frog

More love from ESPN...

They are certainly relentless, aren't they?

It's so weird isn't it? What did we do that is so offensive, and why get so collectively touchy about such a small school? What possible damage can TCU do to ESPN? Especially since we'll soon be a member of one of the many leagues that they utterly control.

gdu

scroll down and you will see the TCU section

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/101215_BCS_uniforms
don't get too excited. I am his sources, so this isn't independant verification. I am now hearing it sounds more like we are adding purple rather than replacing helmet, jersey or pants with purple.

gdu

His opinion is in no way ESPN's. He has been doing his own blog for far longer than the ESPN column and has always disliked our uniforms. Of course, he doesn't like purple so there isn't much we could have done, but who cares what other people think if our players, fans and recruits like what we wear?

HFrog1999

don't get too excited. I am his sources, so this isn't independant verification. I am now hearing it sounds more like we are adding purple rather than replacing helmet, jersey or pants with purple.

1113000236999_180X180.jpg

cpmencio

It's so weird isn't it? What did we do that is so offensive, and why get so collectively touchy about such a small school? What possible damage can TCU do to ESPN? Especially since we'll soon be a member of one of the many leagues that they utterly control.

+1

I think that's what has bothered me most in the past few months. Used to be all non-AQs got insulted and belittled the same amount, but the last two months or so have been a blitzkrieg on TCU. ESPN, the Big 10, the SEC..it baffles me.

gdu

Funny how everyone here hates the uniforms, but when a guy posts a column at ESPn saying the same thing it's a conspiracy and they're out to get us.

gatorfrog

His opinion is in no way ESPN's. He has been doing his own blog for far longer than the ESPN column and has always disliked our uniforms. Of course, he doesn't like purple so there isn't much we could have done, but who cares what other people think if our players, fans and recruits like what we wear?

Yeah, the guy hates purple for no real reason (Frogs notwithstanding, the Vikings are a classic NFL look, IMHO), he has an absolute stirrups fetish on baseball uniforms (seriously, I know it's a classic look, but I think the guy probably has an altar in his house or something), and he mentions pro cycling and college volleyball more than pro soccer on his uniforms blog.

I gave up on his blog, despite being generally interested in quirky sports minutiae.

So basically they'd just wear the jersey from the Oregon State game? There's already purple on the pants, and I don't see how they add purple to the helmet unless they just make the letter purple.

gdu

Gatorfrogs, the vikings have anything but a classic nfl look. Their uniforms are terrible and their throwbacks a thing of beauty (if they could match the purple on the helmets to the purple in their unis).

I have never seen volleyball mentioned and I ignore the cycling stuff. Big EPL uniform review before the season.