• The KillerFrogs

Official Rose Bowl Uniform Thread

Purple4Life

I'm going to wear this as a sign of solidarity to the team.

thumbCA3VTQQI.jpg

I won't be wearing that to the game...but I have to admit; that's a pretty awesome shirt design. I bought some of those as Christmas gifts.

stell91

So when I talked to Del Conte he said the fans are definitely doing a purple-out at the game. He also assured me that there is purple on the uniform, and I'll take his word for it since there aren't many good shots of the uniform..

Zubaz

I don't think the uniforms would be nearly as intolerable if it weren't for the armbands. You think the players could go without or wear PURPLE ones?
Have you thought about the practical implications of the red armbands? Tank Carder's arms are going to look like a Barber Pole!!

+1

I think they look nice. I would rather the top be purple but the black looks good too. If the players like them that's all I really need to hear. I'm glad they took the purple stripes off. The simplified look is better.

We might have a problem, then. From what I hear, the players don't like them. My mom works at TCU and a very popular player was in her office today to finish up some paperwork. She asked what they thought about the uniforms and he said "not too excited about them". I'm not going to throw the guy under the bus and name him, but it's someone I wouldn't want to be disappointed in something like this. I hope they ignore Nike screwing up their uniforms and get jacked up for the game. I'm sure they will.

[Craig James] you, Nike.

joefrog91

So when I talked to Del Conte he said the fans are definitely doing a purple-out at the game. He also assured me that there is purple on the uniform, and I'll take his word for it since there aren't many good shots of the uniform..

Oh, okay. If Del Conte wants a purple out, then I'll wear a purple shirt. I was going to wear the black shirt with my purple TCU hoodie and cap(or knit cap). But, I guess I'll wear the Hands logo shirt now.

LVfrog

I hate to be a downer but these unis suck really big time. I wish purple would be prominent in our unis but I guess it'll never happen with Uncle Phil.

Gringo1873

Say I'm overreacting if you like but I am absolutely devastated about these uniforms. And the worst of all - red wristbands against Wisconsin? Will the players actually wear these?

stell91

Say I'm overreacting if you like but I am absolutely devastated about these uniforms. And the worst of all - red wristbands against Wisconsin? Will the players actually wear these?

The wristbands are accessories... I'm pretty sure the players get to make their own choice on those and I'll BET you most of them, if not all of them, will choose to not wear them.

davejerg1221

You have to be a member...

Nothing profound over what we saw from Desmond's pic. You can see that the numbers are outlined in purple, and the belt on the pants is more purple (matches socks and shoes) than before. The red on the shoes looks awful. They look like those shoes you find on the clearance rack at the Nike outlet .

Limey Frog

We might have a problem, then. From what I hear, the players don't like them. My mom works at TCU and a very popular player was in her office today to finish up some paperwork. She asked what they thought about the uniforms and he said "not too excited about them". I'm not going to throw the guy under the bus and name him, but it's someone I wouldn't want to be disappointed in something like this.

Well then, we're utterly screwed. Because I've been led to believe from several posters that TCU only wins ballgames because players are excited about the color of their uniforms. Does the Rose Bowl allow forfeits?

And another thing... look at the video from News 5 another poster linked above. Look at Boise and Florida's uniforms. Those guys will be wearing their school colors. A question to all you guys raving about the attention Nike is giving TCU. Why do Boise and Florida get the same attention AND get to play in their school colors? What does Nike have against TCU playing in purple and white? Apparently their people who work on our super cool, extra special uniforms don't like TCU in purple and white. I'm personally annoyed and somewhat offended by that. Why would anyone be pleased at such an insult?