• The KillerFrogs

#s indicate Boise St has improved much more than TCU since Jan when they played.

FROGSTOMPER

This season started in September wise guy

Then look at the numbers from September wise guy -

— Boise State’s yardage margin (total offense minus total defense) is 312 yards this year — a 108 percent increase over last year. TCU’s yardage margin is 277 yards, a 28 percent increase.

— Boise State’s scoring margin is 34.4 points per game, a 37 percent increase. TCU’s scoring margin is 32.9, a 29 percent increase.

— Boise State has made larger gains than TCU in rushing offense, total offense, scoring offense, rush defense, total defense, scoring defense and sacks.

— Boise State quarterback Kellen Moore has improved his efficiency rating by 30.73 points — or 19 percent. That’s particularly impressive because Moore finished No. 2 in the nation last year. TCU quarterback Andy Dalton’s rating is up 9.8 percent.

— Boise State’s big wins in 2009 and 2010 are similar — the Broncos were more dominant against Oregon in 2009, but they beat Virginia Tech on the road. TCU’s big wins are similar, too — they crushed Utah this year and crushed Utah and BYU last year.

— Boise State’s most-criticized performance last year was a seven-point win at Tulsa. Its most-criticized performance this year was a 29-point win against Louisiana Tech, a game the Broncos led by 36 when the starters left. TCU’s most-criticized win last year was a three-point decision at Air Force. Its most criticized win this year was a 17-point decision at SMU.

— And, finally, TCU’s schedule ranks 62nd in the Sagarin Ratings. Its schedule was 60th last year. Boise State’s schedule currently ranks 72nd. Its schedule ranked 96th last year. In fact, the Broncos’ schedule this year is projected to finish ahead of TCU’s.

The point: If Boise State was the better team in January, when the Broncos won the Fiesta Bowl, and it’s the more improved team this year, what makes so many people think the Horned Frogs are the better team this year?

stell91

Okay, I want to know for real. I keep hearing about "projections" and "boise is on track to pass TCU" and "the computers will turn around once BSU/TCU has played their last games."

What are the chances of Boise passing us? I know we have SDSU (a pretty good team) and UNM (a horrible team, but they beat Wyoming who lost to BSU, and that hurts THEIR strength of schedule) left, but is Fresno, Utah State, Nevada, and Idaho enough to pull them ahead?

I keep hearing 'Oh Boise won't pass us, they can't catch up in the computers" or "the voters are in our favor, if we keep pounding teams then we will stay ahead" but what is the truth?

Aside from that, this article seems like BS because they're taking stats and measuring how much they've changed...that can't be a clear indicator of who is better. BSU beat TCU 17-10, but the score wasn't indicative of how close the game was. If it was a blowout then that'd be different...

Somebody make me feel better...I'm freaking out here.

toad horny

I ate at Yogi's for lunch today. The Special Chicken Salad was good as usual. My buddy had the special of the day which was a blt with a side salad. It looked pretty good, too.

I'm VERY interested in where everyone else ate lunch and what they had. Please elaborate fully.

Army Frog Fan

I agree. The numbers do indicate Boise is more improved.

We finished the BCS standings last year in 4th and are now in 3rd. You finished in 6th and are now in 4th.

UnderToad

I think that what FROGSTOMPER has managed to prove is that TCU was by far the better team last January and the final score failed to reflect that. I think most of us already knew that.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Perception. That's what.

And, more wins against better teams. This is no fault of Boise's, as we are both aware that the Usual Suspects flee in terror of us when we call to schedule, but simply the way it shook out.

Frankly, a matchup on the MNC game would be grand, but it ain't happening. The same Usual Suspects will not allow it.

Enjoy the Orange Bowl!

FROGSTOMPER

From what Ive seen a lot of voters are waiting until Boise plays @ Nevada.. Both teams will end up in a BCS bowl - The MNC will most likely exclude both teams

curt3301

I ate at Yogi's for lunch today. The Special Chicken Salad was good as usual. My buddy had the special of the day which was a blt with a side salad. It looked pretty good, too.

I'm VERY interested in where everyone else ate lunch and what they had. Please elaborate fully.

I had leftovers from Tillmans. Ate there last night with my fiance and future father in law. his words "the best meal ive had in fort worth".

NubomTurk

Tier 1

Alonti's in Lamar Plaza. Salad bar and a large bowl of their Italian Wedding Soup. That soup is AWESOME. Orzo pasta, chicken, lots of cream, onions, basil...I don't know what all they put in it, but trust me, you haven't had soup until you've had THAT soup.

Tomorrow I'm thinking Bailey's.

FROGSTOMPER

Perception. That's what.

And, more wins against better teams. This is no fault of Boise's, as we are both aware that the Usual Suspects flee in terror of us when we call to schedule, but simply the way it shook out.

Frankly, a matchup on the MNC game would be grand, but it ain't happening. The same Usual Suspects will not allow it.

Enjoy the Orange Bowl!

Perception - Thats what got us into this mess - The perceived Beauty contest. Screw the facts and the numbers - You are in the SEC so YOU MUST be better than any NON AQ school.

SnoSki

FACT: Boise beat a lower-ranked team by less points, at home last week. Case closed.

Waaambulance.jpg