• The KillerFrogs

Benedict Patterson!

Big Frog II

He doesn't need the money. There are plenty of FWISD schools that would benefit from his help. That would do more good than whatever he's doing in Waco.

ShreveFrog

Such a weird trajectory. Agree with @Zubaz and @East Coast . GP sniffs an HC opportunity. He and Kels can keep the house in FW.
I'm just scratching my head. Why would GP want to get back into FBS coaching as it swirls toward the sewer? I'd think he'd actually be happier at the G5 or even chip-on-shoulder FCS level.

Last edited:

Frog-in-law1995

ghostbusters GIF

Zubaz

Disagree with others about the statue though. That man is an absolute legend at TCU and the person most directly responsible from our program going from UNLV / UNM levels to playing in a national championship game out of the Big 12. I don't want to say that there's nothing GP could do to undo his 20+ year legacy here (see Joe Paterno), but being an assistant at Texas/Baylor certainly ain't it.

Chongo94

Disagree with others about the statue though. That man is an absolute legend at TCU and the person most directly responsible from our program going from UNLV / UNM levels to playing in a national championship game out of the Big 12. I don't want to say that there's nothing GP could do to undo his 20+ year legacy here (see Joe Paterno), but being an assistant at Texas/Baylor certainly ain't it.
Agree with some of this but I really really wonder how he would’ve done had Bumpas not been with him for most of those years.

Brog

I don't see why anyone would be pissed off at him. He was fired from TCU. The Current Management showed him the door, then shoved him out of it, and off he went. While he still has love for the institution, I seriously doubt he has any love for the folks running it.

Baylor has a lot of problems. They evidently figured that having someone who was a longtime fixture elsewhere would allow them some sage advice, and they'll probably get it. After all, Patterson didn't do anything awful to Baylor other than call them out for all the crap Warden Art was pulling. They got the unvarnished truth then, too. They just chose not to act on it until it was too late. In effect, they're putting Cassandra on the payroll. Smart move on their part.
Thanks, Gary. Good explanation.

Chongo94

putting a competent staff together is a large piece of being a successful head coach.
You clearly don’t know much about Gary’s staff over the years then, particularly the last 6-8 years of them. That was one of, if not the biggest gripe about his tenure, his inability to fire those that were not competent.

froginmn

You clearly don’t know much about Gary’s staff over the years then, particularly the last 6-8 years of them. That was one of, if not the biggest gripe about his tenure, his inability to fire those that were not competent.
Sure, but you can't say that he had problems because of his staff, and the success he had wasn't because of his staff.

Limey Frog

He is now persona non grata.
GP is a legend. He can take any job he wants as far as I'm concerned. As a fan, this is a bit gross, and as an observer of football I think it's kind of sad. I said it two years ago and haven't been proved wrong yet: at his age, given how things ended at TCU, I don't see GP getting a head coaching job that he views as equal to his stature and dignity. In three carousel cycles he hasn't landed one. Now he's reduced to holding a clipboard for Dave Aranda. Is he thinking he'll be a candidate for the Baylor gig if Aranda is fired? I don't know... He can do what he wants, but if I were him I'd just retire and spend the rest of my life living like a king in west Fort Worth.