• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

Moose Stuff

Per Kyle Whittingham, Utah is pretty much in the Big Ten already. Lolz.

To be fair, he's only really saying in general terms that a big upheaval is coming and the present alignment isn't likely to last long. Hard to say he's wrong there, but by the same measure how can you be sure he's right?

[This, by the way, speaks to the "voting bloc" point NF made above. It's one thing to have Utah and Arizona State join the conference reluctantly with a massively inflated and unrealistic sense of their own institutional worth. It's quite another to invite a situation in which a bloc that makes up almost half the league is led by such morons.]

Well there's serious smoke today that the ACC implosion is about to start so......

Limey Frog

Well there's serious smoke today that the ACC implosion is about to start so......
I haven't seen that... interesting. I mean, the numbers on ESPN's end once they're being asked to fork over $120M more per year for Stanford, Cal, and SMU pretty much dare them to blow that thing up.

Purp

I know many of you have no interest in joining but the 247 site has an extensive realignment thread with multiple insiders contributing. Lots of talk today.
As soon as I saw your previous comment about smoke that's where I went. IMO, GSR is the best source on all this between the boards, but there seem to be more guys over there who have first hand knowledge of what's going down. 82 Fever is another source here like the ones over there.

82 Frog Fever

If you’re interested in realignment @Big12Mafia has Bob Thompson (former Pres Fox Sports) in 25 minutes to discuss the P2 and today’s ACC announcement on a possible deal for FSU, Clemson, etc..