• The KillerFrogs

Which BIG12 addition are you most likely to visit?

Being in El Paso, I am stoked about the recent additions. The closest used to be Texas Tech which I regularly attended, except for this year because its on a Thursday, in Lubbock. It is a 5 and a half hour drive. Not too bad to see a Frog game.

With Arizona and ASU now in the conference, I am likely to attend a game at Arizona (only 4.5 hour drive) and ASU (only 6.5 hour drive). I will likely attend a UH game here and there as members of my family are cougars. So the ranking is:

Most Likely to Least Likely
Arizona
ASU
Houston
Colorado
BYU
UTAH
UCF
Cincy

Limey Frog

Cincinnati, because I live in southern Michigan. I'm very excited to have TCU playing games a 4 hour drive from me.

UCF, because flights to Orlando are direct and cheap from Detroit. I'd like to take the kiddo to a TCU game and theme park trip: sounds like a fun weekend for the family.

Also the brother-in-law and his family are in Colorado Springs, so a long weekend trip encompassing a run up to Boulder is quite appealing..

fanatical frog

I like the mountains also and I enjoyed Tucson for three years while in the Air Force so I'm looking forward to making it to away games at:
Brigham Young......Grandson and I have agreed to make that trip at first opportunity
Arizona......wife and I went to Tucson way back when New Frog Fans son was playing
Houston....my sister lives in Kingwood (just north of town) and it's drivable
UCF....long shot but not ruling it out
Won't go to SLC or Phoenix because I'm not happy with them right now.

McFroggin

Being in El Paso, I am stoked about the recent additions. The closest used to be Texas Tech which I regularly attended, except for this year because its on a Thursday, in Lubbock. It is a 5 and a half hour drive. Not too bad to see a Frog game.

With Arizona and ASU now in the conference, I am likely to attend a game at Arizona (only 4.5 hour drive) and ASU (only 6.5 hour drive). I will likely attend a UH game here and there as members of my family are cougars. So the ranking is:

Most Likely to Least Likely
Arizona
ASU
Houston
Colorado
BYU
UTAH
UCF
Cincy

Oh El Paso. Hope you can escape it soon.

UH
Colorado
UCF
Rest are equal

fanatical frog

BYOB&BPB

(Bring your own bottle and brown paper bag).
Yeah, I know. My better half and I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard right across the street from the stadium in our last visit to Provo and we thought we might enjoy some liquid refreshment before the game so the very polite manager explained to us that state law required we had to order something to eat in order to be served the type of liquid refreshment we wanted.....we ordered french fries. Pretty good.
on edit: The restaurant in the Courtyard was pretty nice and the BYU fans there were welcoming.

Last edited:

Zubaz

I've wanted to see a game at Sun Devil Stadium for years, love that stadium. That's number one.

I live fairly close to all of last month's additions. The drive to CU and Phoenix last year was easy enough, Tucson isn't that much further.

Zero interest in Houston, Cincinnati, or UCF. I suppose I could take the kids to Disney or something for Orlando and stay the weekend or something.

Last edited:

Double D

Tier 1
I was on the sideline when TCU played Cincy in 2001. Great atmosphere! Really unique stadium. I liked Cincy!
Pretty surprised that no one likes Cincy - the downtown area is really great and the overall area around Cincy was nice. Went up there to visit my friend who works for the university and had a great time wandering around the area. I'd recommend a visit.

I plan on checking off Arizona, Arizona State, Cincinnati, and Central Florida. I’ll hopefully check them off for the road games as soon as they are available.

I went to Houston for the game at Robertson Stadium in the CUSA days.The stadium and the area around the stadium was not very good. I plan on going there later this year. It will be interesting to see what they have done to the stadium since then.

I went to Colorado last year and had a fun road trip! The drive to the top of Mt Evans was an adventure to do if we get another game in September. It is definitely worthwhile!

I’ve been to both BYU and Utah as well. I stayed in Downtown Salt Lake City both times. In the MWC days it was a safe fun clean area. I definitely had a good time eating and drinking at Squatters. The backdrop for the stadium at BYU is absolutely spectacular and a must see! It was especially beautiful during the sunset especially when the mountains around the stadium had snow on them.

Last edited:

ShreveFrog

Houston is an easy roady, so that's #1 most likely. In fact, will be there on 9/16.

I also love the west. So Utah, BYU, and Colo are high on my list, and maybe ASU.