• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

Purp

Wow, you‘re hangin’ way out over those skis. You’ve actually got the B12 positioning for an ACC raid in 10 to 12 years.

The B12 and BY are not going to bend the knee to Washington/Oregon or anyone else just to help them find their forever home.
BY would look like a cuck, and once you give a special buyout to any team, you just opened the door for every member team to leave at any time with the same deal.
The ACC raid will start with the SEC and B1G. It hasn't happened yet bc of the 80 year GOR they signed with their current TV deal. It's too expensive to get out of right now, but once those 2 conferences get what they want first (probably Clemson, UNC, UVA. FSU, maybe Miami) there will still be solid football programs leftover to include Western Virginia's natural rival. The football powers from the ACC will be gone and the remainder will need a more stable conference to land in than adding an ECU or Memphis to fill holes.

It's not over my skis at all. I'm not even trying to take the best of the ACC bc I acknowledge it will already be gone.

82 Frog Fever

The ACC raid will start with the SEC and B1G. It hasn't happened yet bc of the 80 year GOR they signed with their current TV deal. It's too expensive to get out of right now, but once those 2 conferences get what they want first (probably Clemson, UNC, UVA. FSU, maybe Miami) there will still be solid football programs leftover to include Western Virginia's natural rival. The football powers from the ACC will be gone and the remainder will need a more stable conference to land in than adding an ECU or Memphis to fill holes.

It's not over my skis at all. I'm not even trying to take the best of the ACC bc I acknowledge it will already be gone.
Just about anything could happen with the ACC & I doubt it‘s 10 years away.

If you‘re gonna make that prediction, at least go BOLD.
1683766831371.jpeg
For instance, suppose Yormark talked Clemson, Florida State, Miami, Ga. Tech, North Carolina, Duke, Va. Tech, and Louisville into joining with the B12.
- That move would form a huge 20 team conference stretching from Utah to Virginia that would rival even the B10/SEC.
- It would also get the B12 more money in 2030.
- It gets the ACC out of a horrible contract.
- It divides nearly perfectly at the Mississippi R. for east/west and divides easily north/south for 4 five team pods.
- The move would also be a freebie (NO COST), as it nullifies the ACC GOR with more than 1/2 the teams participating.

The ACC could be gone with a single blockbuster move that doesn’t even involve the SEC or B10.

Last edited:

Purp

View attachment 14207
For instance, suppose Yormark talked Clemson, Florida State, Miami, Ga. Tech, North Carolina, Duke, Va. Tech, and Louisville into joining with the B12.
- That move would form a huge 20 team conference stretching from Utah to Virginia that would rival even the B10/SEC.
- It divides nearly perfectly at the Mississippi R. for east/west and divides easily north/south for 4 five team pods.
- The move would also be a freebie (NO COST), as it nullifies the ACC GOR with more than 1/2 the teams participating.

The ACC could be gone with a single blockbuster move that doesn’t even involve the SEC or B10.
Yormark has stated he wants a coast to coast conference. Your proposal eliminates the Pacific time zone. Also, in your scenario Clemson and FSU and others would be in the same boat Duck and Huskie are floating in now. They won't want to commit to a smaller payout with no way out if a bigger pay day is available with the SEC or B1G. The only way to secure that deal is a sweetheart deal for the big programs that might have better opportunities later. I'd also argue Clemson and FSU are more accretive to the B1G and SEC than Duck or Huskie so it's not an apples to apples comparison.

And my thought isn't nearly this bonkers. I'm saying Duck and Huskie need a better landing spot for the next 5 years and maybe longer if the B1G ignores them. That's far more conceivable.

Hemingway

View attachment 14207

Poor lil o Wake Forest ..

82 Frog Fever

Yormark has stated he wants a coast to coast conference. Your proposal eliminates the Pacific time zone. Also, in your scenario Clemson and FSU and others would be in the same boat Duck and Huskie are floating in now. They won't want to commit to a smaller payout with no way out if a bigger pay day is available with the SEC or B1G. The only way to secure that deal is a sweetheart deal for the big programs that might have better opportunities later. I'd also argue Clemson and FSU are more accretive to the B1G and SEC than Duck or Huskie so it's not an apples to apples comparison.

And my thought isn't nearly this bonkers. I'm saying Duck and Huskie need a better landing spot for the next 5 years and maybe longer if the B1G ignores them. That's far more conceivable.
You missed the point. It wasn’t a proposal, it’s anything can happen with the ACC over a decade.

The B10 will never let Oregon & Washington go to the B12. They will be going to the B10 for approx. $35m for 5 years just as soon a GK lays his $20-$25m deal on the table.

Creeperfrog

The campus has become such an attractive and pleasant place to live these days -- unlike when Moncrief was the main athletic dorm -- that there is a waiting list of juniors and seniors wanting on-campus housing. There's not room for most of them because freshmen and sophomores get first priority to meet the on-campus rule.

Admittedly, those who want to voluntarily remain on-campus don't represent the majority of upperclassmen. Most prefer to move a block or two off-campus for greater personal freedom. And if they're willing to lower their living standards a bit, it's also somewhat less expensive. My son did this. He & others rented a duplex 1 block from campus that was owned by Nolan Ryan, who controls several rental properties (i.e., "stealth dorms") adjacent to TCU. Deep Jr. & his bros "commuted" from that house to campus by bicycle.
After my fraternity sophomore year 4 of us moved to Rogers. Really enjoyed the Hilton and fraternity days, but it was equally fun to be off campus

CountryFrog

Need to add Hawaii and Boston College

HG73

View attachment 14207

I'm hoping we get VT and NCSU.

From the TV information I have seen only FSU and Clem would be accretive to B1GSEC. Not Miami, UNC, or anyone else in the ACC or the PAC. Florida, S. Carolina and Georgia don't want FSU and Clem for obvious reasons. Maybe the B1G wants them.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
After my fraternity sophomore year 4 of us moved to Rogers. Really enjoyed the Hilton and fraternity days, but it was equally fun to be off campus
Were you in Delta House?

OIP.XsdcfMj_-giSt0DHR3qNFgHaD4

Virginia Frog

Poor lil o Wake Forest ..
TCU (we) should always be concerned about Wake's landing spot after the next round of conference juggling.

WF is a smaller TCU who is football-centric and a consistent winner/battler for their conference. They outperform their school size on the grid like the Frogs do.

If the Deacons are downsized, it could be a bad omen for us in the Fort.

Virginia Frog

I'm hoping we get VT and NCSU.

From the TV information I have seen only FSU and Clem would be accretive to B1GSEC. Not Miami, UNC, or anyone else in the ACC or the PAC. Florida, S. Carolina and Georgia don't want FSU and Clem for obvious reasons. Maybe the B1G wants them.
Second the motion. A contiguous Eastern presence for the Twelve (new name required):

WVA, Cinci, & UCF, add Pitt, Louisv, VT, NCSU, GaTech and we're gold! Miami is the cherry on top.

Ohio/Pa to the Sunshine State.

Creeperfrog

TCU (we) should always be concerned about Wake's landing spot after the next round of conference juggling.

WF is a smaller TCU who is football-centric and a consistent winner/battler for their conference. They outperform their school size on the grid like the Frogs do.

If the Deacons are downsized, it could be a bad omen for us in the Fort.
I know you are right, but please stop. I hate that you are right, but ughhh. At least we have texas market?