• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs CSF Game #3

Horny4TCU

We actually won a series at home. Wish we could've swept these turkeys.

Hopefully they like this taste of winning. I just hope we still make the changes we need to.

Deep Purple

I can’t think of another hat with such a large logo

C-RGW61GWS-GDC-HR-F_120x.JPG
mens-nike-black-oregon-state-beavers-aero-true-baseball-performance-fitted-hat_ss5_p-200022202+pv-1+u-5dfmela9cxqzasv2cawt+v-9v95pasgi6tgwmvwv4wy.jpg
1683521084280.png
C-BMVP51WBV-KM-WR-F_c822add2-ea43-4eff-9221-132464d671e3_compact.jpg

FrogBall09

very good win and good series wn for the team, might sum up just how frustrating this team has been this season

fullerton might not be a great team, but are a good team and the frogs could have swept, heck pitchers who haven't been able to go an entire inning provided multiple innings.

am i seeing this wrong?
No you are 100% correct

This team has more than enough talent to have won the B12 and hosted this year

But the amazingly inconsistent pitching supported by even more bipolar offense and some of the worst coaching decisions we have seen at Lupton in well over a decade created a team that 10000% lived off momentum- not sound fundamentals

So instead of being in the discussion for a national seed - we are only the 3rd best team in DFW and outside of winning the B12 tourney - done for the year at the end of it

ShreveFrog

How about cleaning that TC up to look more like this—
View attachment 14185View attachment 14186
I like that font. But -- and I guess you know this -- the current font is a throwback to what the Frogs wore in the '60's and early '70's, maybe before that. Especially when we had the purple piping on the crown of the cream colored cap until a few years ago. I love the one I have that the team wore, made by Nike. Got a compliment on it in Benton, LA of all places. "Great throwback TCU look on your cap!"

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Only Oregon State resembles the TCU hugeness. Cal doesn’t wear that hat. LSU isn’t the broad billboard type logo (we used to have the identical style with a T instead of an L) and neither is A&M. Many teams have a an interlocked style logo, LA, St Louis, et al. Just a personal preference. I believe one of the moderators uses a very early interlocking TCU logo that wouldn’t look bad in a baseball savvy style. But again it’s a personal preference.
1683553891480.jpeg
Cal doesn’t wear that hat.

FrogBall09

Rankings? Eh, they're all over the place. Scoreboard matters to me.
We swept 2 from DBU and took 2 of 3 vs. UTA. And we just won a series against #24.
And we will be at home in June…and all 3 of those teams you mentioned won’t be…

Post season is the only goal that matters in D1 baseball

FrogBall09

@FrogBall09 - We'll see. But don't tell me DBU, UTA and Fullerton are better than TCU.
see what? bud - pump all the sunshine you want but even going 6-0 against Baylor and KSU isn't getting us into the post season without winning the B12 tourney for the auto bid.

And all of those teams will be playing in the post season based on their regular season record - which means everyone besides sunshine pumpers considers them better

and DBU would likely rake 2 of 3 from us in a weekend series - their weekend guys are considerably more consistent than our staff. Playing midweek doesn't exactly bring out the best of either team.

I guess in your mind we are not better then UNC-Wilmington but better than Okie Lite? a weekend series doesn't mean much when an entire season says different.

ShreveFrog

@FrogBall09 - I think 6-0 WOULD get us in the postseason with a decent showing in the B12 Tourney. Not that I'm expecting 6-0. I'm no sunshine pumper. But I'm also not giving up on this team.

FrogBall09

@FrogBall09 - I think 6-0 WOULD get us in the postseason with a decent showing in the B12 Tourney. Not that I'm expecting 6-0. I'm no sunshine pumper. But I'm also not giving up on this team.
our RPI is 49 and we are 7th....dream on because the math doesn't work in a conference that will only have 3 maybe 4 bids and has a real chance of having zero hosts...