• The KillerFrogs

Prime Time's spring game

ticketfrog123

Say what you will but he draws a crowd. Opening game will be time to get out the popcorn.

Did you watch? They might have 40 D1 players on that roster. People are saying they look small because of the big “impact” helmets…they look small bc their starters just graduated HS

Nebraska should beat them by 30

tetonfrog

I am asking this because I do not know the answer to this question: how many impact OL and DL went to Boulder this offseason? They were awful in the line of scrimmage the last several years. I don't care how talented his son is, but if Prime's OL cannot block better than last year's unit, then they are in big trouble. Junior will get his ass kicked not only by TCU but many others.

Horny4TCU

I think the CU transfer we got is a spy. If we lose, it's because Mark Perry was giving Prime our playbook for the game.

Creeperfrog

Their defense looked straight up bad. Astrick, it was spring game, but holy moley it didn't look good. All the fans did love their offense scoring on their own team's defense,

Wexahu

Don't know if this means "trouble in paradise" because every single team is going to lose players, maybe these guys were pushed out by the coaches because they weren't good enough.........but it's all fun and games now, once the actual games start all the pomp is going to quickly fade and then it will only be about winning football games. And when they lose some and hit some rough patches (which they will) what happens then. Is Coach Prime going to want to grind and grind and deal with everything that comes with being a major college D1 football coach, and how is he going to deal with it?

Eight

I am asking this because I do not know the answer to this question: how many impact OL and DL went to Boulder this offseason? They were awful in the line of scrimmage the last several years. I don't care how talented his son is, but if Prime's OL cannot block better than last year's unit, then they are in big trouble. Junior will get his ass kicked not only by TCU but many others.

hard to say, they have had 25-26 position players transfer in with 4-5 offensive linemen and 5-6 defensive linemen, but no idea just how good any of those guys are and at last look they have had 23 position players transfer out with 5 of those being defensive linemen

that is an enormous amount of turnover and still think when you are adding 18-20 freshmen you really are not going to know who is what until you play some games

how do you build trust and communication in an offensive line that has not only never played a game together, but only had spring and fall camp together

how much depth can you build on a roster that was pretty damn thin when you have damn near as many transferring out as in?

we all have seen what happens if you use tempo and don't have depth

Eight

holy [ Finebaum ], not sure which number fell faster, the share price of silicon valley bank or scholarship players on the colorado roster

so far today, 14 players have put their name in transfer portal and if they all leave, 41 players so far have transferred out from this program since last october

not sure if they are any good, but a couple of 2021 offensive line signings from texas and before anyone comments about what does it matter since they were bad last year you can't overcome that loss of depth simply by putting out Instagrams stating that you and your coaches are looking for some dawgs

to date the buffs have lost:

6 offensive linemen
2 tight ends
6 wide receivers
2 running backs
5 quarterbacks
8 defensive linemen
3 linebackers
5 corners
3 safeties
1 kicker

bc puckett

holy [ Finebaum ], not sure which number fell faster, the share price of silicon valley bank or scholarship players on the colorado roster

so far today, 14 players have put their name in transfer portal and if they all leave, 41 players so far have transferred out from this program since last october

not sure if they are any good, but a couple of 2021 offensive line signings from texas and before anyone comments about what does it matter since they were bad last year you can't overcome that loss of depth simply by putting out Instagrams stating that you and your coaches are looking for some dawgs

6 offensive linemen
2 tight ends
6 wide receivers
2 running backs
5 quarterbacks
8 defensive linemen
3 linebackers
5 corners
3 safeties
1 kicker
I'm too lazy to look up the clip but didn't he pretty much tell everyone at his first team meeting to basically get the hell out because they weren't good enough and he was bringing in better players?

Wexahu

6 offensive linemen
2 tight ends
6 wide receivers
2 running backs
5 quarterbacks
8 defensive linemen
3 linebackers
5 corners
3 safeties
1 kicker
I think there is a perception out there that they are now loaded with talent since "every kid is going to want to play for Coach Prime" and he has landed a couple very high profile kids. But their class was still ranked #30, one place behind North Carolina and one ahead of Kentucky. And I think the vast majority of the transfers they brought in weren't exactly the most sought after kids. Mostly just roster fillers.

I mean, so far he is doing a heck of a job in bringing in better talent on paper. But while it's an improvement, in reality it's been embellished by the media. That roster could potentially be awful in 2023 if you look at the depth chart.

Eight

colorado has the #1 rated transfer class, but that is based upon the number of transfers

when you consider they have had 29 players transfer in and 41 transfer out now sure that is positive roster math

they did sign 19 players in their recruiting class, but when you consider how many might have graduated or completed their eligibility last year plus that 41 leaving the program that has to cut into their depth