• The KillerFrogs

2023 TCU Baseball Thread

East Coast

Tier 1
In the hundreds, maybe thousands of games my son has played in, there have been many instances where the pitcher starts to feel some type of discomfort. In that situation, they step off and have a moment to decide if it’s a concern that should remove them from the game. Now, in a worry to get a ball called on them within 20 seconds, they are going to probably move on to the next pitch and could potentially make things worse. That’s all I was thinking.

The main part of why the rule sucks is that it gives the umpire one more thing to decide a game.

It’s just an unnecessary rule in my opinion.

Sorry to completely baffle you
Don't worry, I'm often befuddled. I played organized baseball into my mid 30's (including beer leagues) and didn't even think of that. I guess the pitcher is going to have to call the training staff if that is the case. The pitch clock has come about because the soft rules about delaying the game were totally reliant upon the whim of the umpire. Plus, you ended up with the gamesmanship teams like UCLA were guilty of. Overall, I'm ok with a pitch and batter clock, but wish it was a little longer at the college level.

froglash88

Don't worry, I'm often befuddled. I played organized baseball into my mid 30's (including beer leagues) and didn't even think of that. I guess the pitcher is going to have to call the training staff if that is the case. The pitch clock has come about because the soft rules about delaying the game were totally reliant upon the whim of the umpire. Plus, you ended up with the gamesmanship teams like UCLA were guilty of. Overall, I'm ok with a pitch and batter clock, but wish it was a little longer at the college level.
I think I’m somewhat in that mode because my son is coming of an elbow surgery (not Tommy John). He goes back to the UM Sports Medical Center tomorrow and is hoping to finally be cleared to begin his throwing program. Fingers Crossed.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
We Won!
intro-1577196078.jpg