• The KillerFrogs

OT: Luka Doncic

StinnettFrog

He sure seems like one of a kind to me. One of the most talented whoever played the game. If you’re not a little selfish and egotistical you probably don’t reach that level. He’s only like 23 years old I would say him and the mavs have a very bright future.

jack the frog

He sure seems like one of a kind to me. One of the most talented whoever played the game. If you’re not a little selfish and egotistical you probably don’t reach that level. He’s only like 23 years old I would say him and the mavs have a very bright future.

Yep, and as you suggest the Doncic story has not been written yet.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Luka had a pretty good line last night, 60-21-10. The first 60-20 triple-double in NBA history.
On top of that the Mavs were down by nine with 35 seconds left and came back to win in OT. The last time that happened in the NBA? Never.
He's going to become the highest-paid player in NBA (all sports?) history, I hope Mark Cuban has an open wallet.
And only the 2nd 60 point triple double in history, the other was by James Harden

Rex Kramer

No, Luka's all for Luka. Why else would he be leading he league in technical fouls, griping to umpires after almost every goof up he commits. A great scorer, yes, but I don't think the Macs will ever go much beyond 50/50 win/loss as long as he is the "star" of the team.
That's a pretty awful take considering what they've been able to accomplish the 3+ years he's been there.

1672430214155.png

People need to remember the kid is only 23 years old. I'm fairly certain all of us on kf.c would [ hundin] and moan as much if not more if we were in his situation. I mean he has had to drag his NBA and national team along with him while being must-see-basketball pretty much every night for several years now. I'd be salty too. I hope he matures well. I hope he stays like Dirk stays. I love watching him play the game. It's a whole other level.

Brog

That's a pretty awful take considering what they've been able to accomplish the 3+ years he's been there.

View attachment 13253

People need to remember the kid is only 23 years old. I'm fairly certain all of us on kf.c would [ hundin] and moan as much if not more if we were in his situation. I mean he has had to drag his NBA and national team along with him while being must-see-basketball pretty much every night for several years now. I'd be salty too. I hope he matures well. I hope he stays like Dirk stays. I love watching him play the game. It's a whole other level.
You do realize that "kids ONLY 23 years old" have been fighting wars in the middle east for us for a good number of years. To call Luka a "kid" takes a stretch.

Rex Kramer

You do realize that "kids ONLY 23 years old" have been fighting wars in the middle east for us for a good number of years. To call Luka a "kid" takes a stretch.
Doubling down on bad takes? That is an apples to oranges comparison. Despite the many comparisons of a sporting event to 'going into battle', it's simply not. We are talking about a kid (yes, I stand by that moniker) that chose to play a game as professional career and you're trying to equate that to kids (still applicable) that chose to put their literal lives on the line for their country. Unbelievable.

I am now at an age where I can look back at myself at 23 and recognize my absurd immaturity. I also have plenty of friends who served in the military and despite their decision to enlist, I saw them when they came back home. They were just as immature as the rest of us at that age, some even more so.

To those of you on this board that did serve, please don't take that as a knock at you. I'm speaking anecdotally. And thank you for your service.

JogginFrog

No, Luka's all for Luka. Why else would he be leading he league in technical fouls, griping to umpires after almost every goof up he commits. A great scorer, yes, but I don't think the Macs will ever go much beyond 50/50 win/loss as long as he is the "star" of the team.
Not like he's the black hole of Carmelo. Luka is 5th in the league in assists.

Of course, he could be more unselfish. Jokic is averaging 2 assists more per game--latest in a season ever that a player 6'11" or taller has averaged a triple double.

StinnettFrog

Trading Dinwiddie for this... we'll regret it big time. Cue Engle. ;-).
I don’t know that this makes the Mavs a championship team but they definitely were not before the trade. Irving has great talent and most definitely a head case. Hopefully the talent shows not the head case.