• The KillerFrogs

Sonny considers hiring KB

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
At the end of the day this comes down to TCU people hating Art Briles and Baylor. It has very little to do with Kendall. My final observation… the average TCU fan feels some sort of moral superiority over the average Baylor fan and worries that will evaporate with this hire. So if I’m being honest I see this as more of a TCU fan issue than a [ Tapefingers ] issue. I don’t expect that to be popular but I’m pretty comfortable with the observation.
Since you're tacitly directing this at me, I didn't like Art Briles since he was at UH. Tales of his unethical behavior float around him from his High School days. The public airing of the Baylor saga was pretty sickening, and this transcended simple Sports Hate and turned to visceral disgust that someone in that position would go to such lengths simply to win football games. As to "moral superiority" well, gosh-golly! You sure got me there! Here all this time I thought that rape and lying were bad... Silly me.

Again, fielding a competitive sports team is one thing. Actual criminal behavior is entirely another.

Hiring this creep would be a sign that TCU, and Sonny in particular, don't care a whit about the history or the optics, they just want to win at any cost. Doesn't have a thing to do with how I view Baylor people, it has to do with how I perceive the integrity of TCU. Or lack thereof.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
If he is hired and leads a good life and more importantly creates one of the leading offenses in the nation, I’m guessing the vendettas my calm own. I don’t have to associate with guy, so if he is successful and stays off of crime blotter, it’s all good.

But, I’m also guessing Donati and the administration would give this a very critical evaluation, as I don’t believe the want the hint TCU’s reputation being tarnished.

Pharm Frog

Because his father covered up mass rape.

Hate families, do you? Why do you want a man near our program who covered up mass rape and caused devistation to the family of defenseless females?

I want to win, but not that bad.
Misogynistic much? Defenseless? If Art had covered up actual rapes he would have been sued into abject poverty. I think you are recalling fiction.

Wexahu

I’ve started seeing more posters talk about the fact that he and Arkansas had better stats than Riley and TCU last year.

Just would like to point out that, while that may be so, one side made it to the National Championship game.

Would also like to point out that Tech fans liked to talk about stats all the time when Leach and Kingsbury were there. Where did that get them?

Give me actual wins over stats any day.
Agreed, stats don't tell the whole story. And when you have a terrible defense and are always trying to catch up or keep up, offensive stats can get a little skewed. But I don't think you put up 470 ypg on average unless something is working. And I doubt their talent level on offense was much, if any, superior to the talent level of most of the defenses they were facing.

I think he's probably pretty good at his job in terms of getting offenses to move the ball and put up points.

Mean Purple

Misogynistic much? Defenseless? If Art had covered up actual rapes he would have been sued into abject poverty. I think you are recalling fiction.
Your dedication to the sarcasm at the risk of being called what you are not, even though it is to demonstrate execuses of those in Waco, impresses me. Risking it all to make a point. You're a good man.

Pharm Frog

Your dedication to the sarcasm at the risk of being called what you are not, even though it is to demonstrate execuses of those in Waco, impresses me. Risking it all to make a point. You're a good man.
I risk nothing. There’s a grand total of perhaps four people on this board who know me. Used to be 8 but unfortunately four have passed away. Three of them would have been in agony over what we are talking about. The fourth would have loved the opportunity to write about it.

Mean Purple

I risk nothing. There’s a grand total of perhaps four people on this board who know me. Used to be 8 but unfortunately four have passed away. Three of them would have been in agony over what we are talking about. The fourth would have loved the opportunity to write about it.
On a completely different note, can you give a list of what you hear may be the best natural healing/pain reducers out there? Just for ordinary aches and pains. If I recall correclty, you are in a position that puts you near those who would know well.

y2kFrog

I don't know how Briles would work out if we hired him, but criticizing a guy because he didn't set the world on fire at Arkansas is about like criticizing a coach for not winning big at Cal.

Arkansas offense was ranked higher then TCU in 2022.

Pharm Frog

That makes sense. Thanks!
I realize I went from sarcastic to smart ass. So here: I could give you a list of things I’ve seen be effective for SOME people with SOME conditions with VARIABLE levels of severity. However, this is always something you should consult with your healthcare providers who know you best. Even “natural” remedies can interfere with metabolic and clearance pathways for Rx meds and should be thoughtfully considered based on individual needs. Would also always advise to spend time considering root cause and not exclusively signs and symptoms.

McGregor's Goat

Kendal Briles in 2016, *after* his dad was fired for the rape scandal. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. If you either don't care who TCU hires, or you do in theory but think Kendal is fine and just gets a bad rap, fine. But I will personally be disgusted if TCU hires him, and I won't be a TCU fan or supporter as long as he's there, at minimum. Also, what kind of adult wears tape on his fingers and writes stupid messages on his hands.

I69bR_aauNZ2ha-5rObqI9tgkr0GbERpgwlnx9UEOIc.jpg

Mean Purple

I realize I went from sarcastic to smart ass. So here: I could give you a list of things I’ve seen be effective for SOME people with SOME conditions with VARIABLE levels of severity. However, this is always something you should consult with your healthcare providers who know you best. Even “natural” remedies can interfere with metabolic and clearance pathways for Rx meds and should be thoughtfully considered based on individual needs. Would also always advise to spend time considering root cause and not exclusively signs and symptoms.
Good points. I KNOW I have to stretch more. I stretch now, but i am older. And horses, the weight room and sitting at a desk more are all a bad mix if not handled well. And drink way more water. And meet with the doc. Recent life trauma has not helped. But one day at a time.

froginmn

Who has the book? Because some on this thread need to read it. Not so much about tapefingers, but about what happened in that program. There are emails and texts in evidence that showed what that monster allowed to go on, and how they covered it up.
Yes but typically when there is a University-wide cover up, only a couple coaches are involved. The rest are lily-white.

Pharm Frog

Good points. I KNOW I have to stretch more. I stretch now, but i am older. And horses, the weight room and sitting at a desk more are all a bad mix if not handled well. And drink way more water. And meet with the doc. Recent life trauma has not helped. But one day at a time.
Stretching is way way way way undervalued.

EDIT: appropriate stretching for the circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.