• The KillerFrogs

Keep Your Chin Up

DFWRaider

I signed up for KF a few weeks ago to wish you guys luck before the Michigan game. NYE snuck up and I didn't make it over before you guys ran all over them.

Regarding tonight's game -- It clearly isn't TCU's best showing but the fact that you guys are in this game after everything TCU went through over the years is all you guys need to remember. I'm a Tech fan and we've been in a few games that were like this and I know how bad it sucks on a big stage.

You guys freaking played for the national title -- just focus on that thought and be proud of what your guys did on the field most of the season. We lost the national title in basketball a few years ago and it sucked so bad at the time but the benefits from recruiting and respect lasted a long time. The benefits for TCU from beating Michigan and playing tonight will last a long time too, and next time you guys are here it won't end like this.

The only game anywhere close to this one Tech played in was in 2008; we were 10-0 and had just beaten #1 Texas and #7 Oklahoma State 56-20 and were ranked #2 in the country for the 3rd week in a row. All the talk around the program was if we could just get past #5 Oklahoma we'd be playing for the national title. It was tremendous, much like this season was for you guys the first 10 weeks. We were so freaking excited to go out and beat OU and punch our ticket.

That game was 7-45 OU at halftime. Final Score: 65-21. It was the most watched college football regular season game that year and it sucked. That game is the only thing I've experienced that could come close to how you guys are feeling tonight. But it was still a great season and we still benefited from it as a program. TCU will benefit from tonight way more and the sucky feeling will fade.

Tonight sucks but this was a helluva season and one all of you should be proud of.

Last edited:
The much more stinging loss is the Big XII Conference Championship. All this talk about the CFP but the real miss was that Big XII trophy. People just get blinded by the CFP and forget about the pride of the Big XII. History and bragging still boils down mostly to conference championships because one team in the conference wins that each year—a year by year tally—while a national championship likely never happens for a school.

Pharm Frog

The much more stinging loss is the Big XII Conference Championship. All this talk about the CFP but the real miss was that Big XII trophy. People just get blinded by the CFP and forget about the pride of the Big XII. History and bragging still boils down mostly to conference championships because one team in the conference wins that each year—a year by year tally—while a national championship likely never happens for a school.
Weird take IMO. Nobody gives a [ Finebaum ] about conference championships anymore. Except you. It’s all about making the playoffs. And I’ll point out that TCU ran a clean slate in conference. Couldn’t give two [ Finebaum ]s about a trophy.

LVH

Weird take IMO. Nobody gives a [ Finebaum ] about conference championships anymore. Except you. It’s all about making the playoffs. And I’ll point out that TCU ran a clean slate in conference. Couldn’t give two [ Finebaum ]s about a trophy.
I actually agree with this. We should claim a regular season Big 12 title. Even with K State beating us we still went 9-1 in Big 12 games which is better than Kansas State's record of 8-2.

Paint It Purple

Interesting take

You would not trade TCU‘s split with Baylor and this Fiesta Bowl win for the Sooners‘ six Big XII trophies since TCU joined the conference?

Wexahu

Meh. The B12 conference championship is pretty irrelevant, considering how they award it. It’s all about CFP rankings now.

bc puckett

Alabama beat Georgia last year to win the SEC championship. You think they were bragging about that a month later?

No. But I would take OU’s CFP invites.
I feel it is sweet to win the conference title on the way to the CFP, especially since it will now guarantee a spot in the 12 team playoff. Come 2024 there will be 12 teams in including five P5 champions; the latter is more exclusive company. A team can enter the 12 team playoff as a champion or not as one. I will prefer the champion way in, like Michigan this year, versus the coming “at-large” label; and I think Ohio State and Max Duggan would concur. After a loss in the 12 team playoff, you will then have a conference title for the historical ledger. This year Michigan has that and Ohio State does not.

@Wexahu @bc puckett @CountryFrog

Last edited:
No way I’d take a conference title over this years outcome.

I expect us to compete for the big 12 title regularly, I don’t expect us to compete for a natty regularly, I’ll cherish this season.
If you are competing for a Big XII title regularly then I think you are competing for the natty regularly, correct? It is mostly hand-in-hand. The five P5 champs are in the playoff and there will be 6 at-large P5’s too. And if in the playoff, the team is competing for the national championship.

Last edited: