• The KillerFrogs

Flights to Phoenix

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I'm driving.

Road Trip Wayward Guide GIF by Tin Can Bros

arizonafrog12

I highly recommend driving if you have the flexibility. I'm an Austin Native and TCU alum (obviously) and have lived in Phoenix for 4 years now. Regularly make the drive from Fort Worth or Austin to Phoenix when I'm back visiting family. It's a long one, but it's a straight shot on a major interstate highway and it is entirely possible to make the drive in one day (absolutely could do 2 days) with a few hours to spare on the front and back end. About a 14 hour drive, but gas stations located conveniently and can stop in El Paso for lunch... Just a thought since flights are asinine

Putt4Purple

I highly recommend driving if you have the flexibility. I'm an Austin Native and TCU alum (obviously) and have lived in Phoenix for 4 years now. Regularly make the drive from Fort Worth or Austin to Phoenix when I'm back visiting family. It's a long one, but it's a straight shot on a major interstate highway and it is entirely possible to make the drive in one day (absolutely could do 2 days) with a few hours to spare on the front and back end. About a 14 hour drive, but gas stations located conveniently and can stop in El Paso for lunch... Just a thought since flights are asinine
I’m with you. I’ve got the time and I am driving. It can be fun and is frugal budget wise. I’m breaking it down to a two day drive. Dealing with the airports. Airlines is very stressful and costly. I have a feeling I’ll be seeing a parade of TCU fans on the road starting the 28th or 29th. I’ll be one of them! Go Frogs!

frogs9497

Depending on where you’re staying, it may be a cheaper option to fly out a couple of days early despite the additional hotel costs.

LVH

I'm driving.

Road Trip Wayward Guide GIF by Tin Can Bros
This is the way I would do it if I were going. As someone who has driven from Fort Worth to Las Vegas over a dozen times, its not too bad if you go through Amarillo and Albuquerque. I wouldn't do the El Paso route though. Yes its a little bit "quicker" but much more boring.

Amarillo is an underrated city, great food in Tucumcari at Del's Diner and Watson's BBQ, great New Mexican food in Albuquerque, fun Route 66 tourist destinations along the way to Flagstaff, and then a cool downhill highway from Flagstaff into Phoenix through the mountains.

HToady

I’m with you. I’ve got the time and I am driving. It can be fun and is frugal budget wise. I’m breaking it down to a two day drive. Dealing with the airports. Airlines is very stressful and costly. I have a feeling I’ll be seeing a parade of TCU fans on the road starting the 28th or 29th. I’ll be one of them! Go Frogs!
Me too! Taking the granddaughter and making the loop to the Grand Canyon...she's never been.

Brevity Frog

Unfortunately, next to zero percent chance. (Airlines should do on demand flts, aka wks before an event, but presently do very little if any.) What you see is what you are likely gonna get absent an equipment change.
SW added a plane or two the last time we went to Phoenix. I remember because I was on one. Whether that happens again I don’t know. If I ran SW, I would.

SW added a plane or two the last time we went to Phoenix. I remember because I was on one. Whether that happens again I don’t know. If I ran SW, I would.
The prob is with logistics. With razor thin margins it is not worth the attention of the rev management/logistics depts. (just to get a couple $'000s a flt). Repositioning birds takes $, as does crew etc. Not worth it.