• The KillerFrogs

ESPN Gameday this week in Austin

froginmn

Which is it? Vegas uses it...or you're just a blowhard who saw a it match up a few times?
back-off.jpeg

Pharm Frog

You could make the argument that it will be harder on them. Lots of distractions, added outside pressure on the home team. I think stuff like this, playing at a Gameday location, night game, etc etc is highly overrated. Once the ball is kicked, it’s football. We shouldn’t have a problem bringing energy, I’m more worried about whether we are good enough.
First, I don’t think you are worried about this at all. And that’s okay….I’m not either. The thing that worries you happens on November 26th.

Secondly, Frogs are clearly good enough. That would be a dumb thing to worry about anyway. Whether they’ll play well enough is another story. Whorns have lost to OSU (not your OSU) and Tech and squeaked Iowa State (at home). Could have easily lost or been taken to OT yesterday after being gifted points by QB play/selection.

Will the Frogs win? Dunno. But this I do know…if the Frogs are gonna drop one game…this is the best one for it. Love that the Frogs are dogs. Hate that the Frogs are banged up without a bye week and that Winters sits for a half.

Wexahu

First, I don’t think you are worried about this at all. And that’s okay….I’m not either. The thing that worries you happens on November 26th.

Secondly, Frogs are clearly good enough. That would be a dumb thing to worry about anyway. Whether they’ll play well enough is another story. Whorns have lost to OSU (not your OSU) and Tech and squeaked Iowa State (at home). Could have easily lost or been taken to OT yesterday after being gifted points by QB play/selection.

Will the Frogs win? Dunno. But this I do know…if the Frogs are gonna drop one game…this is the best one for it. Love that the Frogs are dogs. Hate that the Frogs are banged up without a bye week and that Winters sits for a half.
Not sure I understand the first paragraph. Are you saying I don’t care if we win? You think I’m an Ohio State fan? Good god, I figured you were smarter than that.

I know we’re good enough. I hope we’re good enough on Saturday night, I guess I should have made myself more clear. We need to play better than we’ve playing.

Virginia Frog

This is exactly what I was afraid of. This is exactly why I wanted KSU to win. The energy Saturday night in Austin will be big. It's not something that will doom us, it just makes things a little harder. There will be around 100k there. As long as Max is "on," we will be ok.
If I was a player the bigger the mountain the better for my own motivation. So TX’s W vs k-st is a plus. I’d be juiced if Austin was the center of the CFB world on Saturday. Our fellas are up to the task i’m sure!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
You don't think so? Whether you or I or anyone else wants to disagree, the truth is nationally and to the uninformed, Texas is perceived as a better program. Prove 'em wrong.
Where did I indicate otherwise? The entirety of the Gameday show will be Longhorn-a-palooza, a UT tongue bath worthy of Linda Lovelace. While I believe the Conference (with their Partner, ESPN) would prefer a UT win, and will exercise their will through the Officials, we have the opportunity to win a game that will push us into the National Spotlight in a way that even the most strident detractors cannot deny.

At the end of the day, it's on us, and I hope to All That Is Holy that we bring our A+ game, play disciplined and clean, execute and show some panache while doing it.

CountryFrog

You could make the argument that it will be harder on them. Lots of distractions, added outside pressure on the home team. I think stuff like this, playing at a Gameday location, night game, etc etc is highly overrated. Once the ball is kicked, it’s football. We shouldn’t have a problem bringing energy, I’m more worried about whether we are good enough.
We're definitely good enough. The question is how clean of a game we can play in all 3 phases. We've been our own worst enemies at different times in recent weeks and haven't put together a complete 4 quarter effort since Oklahoma.

Coincidentally, the exact same is true for Texas. So this game will almost certainly be decided by which team is able to make fewer mistakes.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I like it. This team needs to focus after Saturday's game while Texas will have to deal with the distractions around campus. Knowing Max's work ethic he'll be working harder this week than before to right the issues from yesterday's game and I have no doubt that if QJ is not ready to go one or more of our other talented receiver's will step up for Max this week in practice. Miller will be ready to show a national audience who the best back in the B12 really is, and this offense line will be itching to get back out there and have a better game. Losing Winters for the first half might hinder the 3-3-5 but could open the door for this defense to get creative in the first half and I bet Winters comes into the second half like a rabid dog chomping at the bit to rip UT a new one.

I'm pumped! Let's go beat those orange babies at their place and put the debate to bed as to who really runs this state.

AroundWorldFrog

Where did I indicate otherwise? The entirety of the Gameday show will be Longhorn-a-palooza, a UT tongue bath worthy of Linda Lovelace. While I believe the Conference (with their Partner, ESPN) would prefer a UT win, and will exercise their will through the Officials, we have the opportunity to win a game that will push us into the National Spotlight in a way that even the most strident detractors cannot deny.

At the end of the day, it's on us, and I hope to All That Is Holy that we bring our A+ game, play disciplined and clean, execute and show some panache while doing it.
Liked for Linda Lovelace although I don't think she was known for her tongue.

AroundWorldFrog

We're definitely good enough. The question is how clean of a game we can play in all 3 phases. We've been our own worst enemies at different times in recent weeks and haven't put together a complete 4 quarter effort since Oklahoma.

Coincidentally, the exact same is true for Texas. So this game will almost certainly be decided by which team is able to make fewer mistakes.
We've been great at protecting the ball this year. Gotta win the TO battle. 4 fumbles, 2 picks on deep garbage throws, 2 of the fumbles on punt returns.

Virginia Frog

Right on!
and to add to your last sentence..."and which team has the fewest yellow flags by a semi-capable, somewhat biased officiating crew."