• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Arizona basketball star ‘does not recall’ touching TCU Showgirl but wants to apologize

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Arizona basketball star ‘does not recall’ touching TCU Showgirl but wants to apologize

BY DREW DAVISON

Arizona athletic director Dave Heeke issued a statement Wednesday on the postgame incident involving Wildcats standout Bennedict Mathurin and a TCU showgirl.

Arizona and TCU have been in contact since Sunday night’s game in which a video clip has circulated on social media that appeared to show Mathurin making contact with the showgirl’s chest.

“Shortly after returning to Tucson, I was notified that people on social media were claiming a video clip showed Bennedict Mathurin may have made physical contact with a TCU student while walking off the court,” Heeke said in a statement. “I have reached out to TCU’s Athletics Department and I spoke with Bennedict. While he does not recall any contact, he has attempted to reach out to the TCU student through their Athletic Department to apologize.”

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article259696265.html#storylink=cpy

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
No! He grabbed her Brilesboobs and sexually molested her! He should be buried under the jail. Arizona should be removed from the tournament. The entire state should be expelled from the union. Cancel everyone associated with the school. Accept no apology. This was intentional and malicious by a sexually depraved monster. They beat us in OT after a foul no-call and we demand justice! :rolleyes:

IF he touched her it was unintentional. I am sure IF the cheerleader feels there was a tap or slight brush she accepts the apology and that is it.

TCUdirtbag

IF he touched her it was unintentional. I am sure IF the cheerleader feels there was a tap or slight brush she accepts the apology and that is it.

If you’re wondering why the me too movement happened, you can just read your very Boomer post. It basically says “I’m a man and I say give the benefit of the doubt to the man; and even if he did it, it wasn’t on purpose, or even if it was it’s not a big deal; and she should accept his non-apology-apology and move on; and if it was really that bad she should come out publicly and tell the world because I, all knowing man, am entitled to have her tell me what happened so I can be the decider of whether she’s being truthful or a lying golddigger, rather than slowly and privately go through the systems and processes that are in place (I.e. Title IX).”

Last edited:

bp4tcu

Have we heard from the cheerleader at all? I feel like if she's not bothered by it, why should we? I guess people have to have something to be mad about.

froginaustin

Have we heard from the cheerleader at all? I feel like if she's not bothered by it, why should we? I guess people have to have something to be mad about.

"The cheerleader" may not want "the publicity".
I don't blame her for keeping her mouth shut, if that is what she chooses to do.

TCUdirtbag

There have been reports from folks who claim to have a connection to her in the threads. As much as you’ve posted on the topic it’s hard to believe you haven’t seen those posts.

Regardless, why do you feel you/the public are entitled to know her perception/feelings? She is not obligated to any of us to make her case publicly.

bp4tcu

There have been reports from folks who claim to have a connection to her in the threads. As much as you’ve posted on the topic it’s hard to believe you haven’t seen those posts.

Regardless, why do you feel you/the public are entitled to know her perception/feelings? She is not obligated to any of us to make her case publicly.
Where did I say she's obligated to say anything? Typically these things are addressed one way or another.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Whatever statement was released, it was composed and written by the UA Athletics Staff and others in their PR and Admin Departments. If this clown actually read it, he did so under the angry glares of about a dozen University officials. I would imagine the UA folks are absolutely horrified that this is The Story, and not "Hey! We're going to the Sweet 16!"

Endless Purple

I would imagine the UA folks are absolutely horrified that this is The Story, and not "Hey! We're going to the Sweet 16!"
This part I think is something to consider. I imagine there are many sweet 16 articles in Arizona, but it seems many other areas have several on the non-called foul or the touch. A distraction for the team. Hopefully. I have UH moving to the elite 8 in my bracket.

Anon12345

If you’re wondering why the me too movement happened, you can just read your very Boomer post. It basically says “I’m a man and I say give the benefit of the doubt to the man; and even if he did it, it wasn’t on purpose, or even if it was it’s not a big deal; and she should accept his non-apology-apology and move on; and if it was really that bad she should come out publicly and tell the world because I, all knowing man, am entitled to have her tell me what happened so I can be the decider of whether she’s being truthful or a lying golddigger, rather than slowly and privately go through the systems and processes that are in place (I.e. Title IX).”
Are you also not acting as if you're also "all-knowing"? People are dragging this man through the mud all based on a couple of video clips from some bad angles. You literally have zero idea of his intentions and of her feelings about it all.

The Me Too movement isn't about calling for someone to be thrown in jail for some unintentional grazing. If anything, this moment and everything that has ensued afterwards only actually diminishes the Me Too movement.

The point that the other guy seemed to be making is that our first reaction shouldn't be too call everyone and their momma's heads to be served on the platter. Which is exactly what happened on this forum and on social media.

Eight

Are you also not acting as if you're also "all-knowing"? People are dragging this man through the mud all based on a couple of video clips from some bad angles. You literally have zero idea of his intentions and of her feelings about it all.

The Me Too movement isn't about calling for someone to be thrown in jail for some unintentional grazing. If anything, this moment and everything that has ensued afterwards only actually diminishes the Me Too movement.

The point that the other guy seemed to be making is that our first reaction shouldn't be too call everyone and their momma's heads to be served on the platter. Which is exactly what happened on this forum and on social media.

you are new around here aren't you

Pharm Frog

Racist IMO

FrogBall09

Need Kleenex?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

Well, we could’ve dragged him through mud just based on his clownish antics before the boob tap, but he made himself a much bigger target following up his act with his class grande finale…