• The KillerFrogs

2022 MLB Thread*

geefrogs

Baseball has been trying to make the MLB draft more interesting. It's definitely not like the NBA or NFL but a lottery could get more eyes on it, from a fan point of view. I like the MLB on this. Only top 3 get chosen.Screenshot_20220128-054736_Twitter.jpg

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
There's nothing wrong with seeking professional help. Please do if you're in a position of doubt and despair.
More people need to hear this but it's still alot easier said than done. There's still a large part of society that makes fun of and ridicules people that have mental health problems.

When Simone Biles pulled out of the Olympics, we had a group of regional managers at our location. To hear the [ Finebaum ] that those guys were talking about her using mental health as an excuse was embarrassing.

Hearing that kind of stuff from those guys would make it damn near impossible for me to let someone at my job know what's going on. And I've known some of those guys and their families for 10-15 years.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
DH. "Score more runs! The fans like it!" Imbeciles. Why screw up the game for TV? It's worked just fine for 100+ years. Next thing you know, they'll start innings with runners on 2nd and 3rd to "Score more runs! The fans like it!" Go ahead. Debase the game. I don't have to tune in, and neither does anybody else.

Screw Rob Manfred. He's not as outrageously stupid as Goodell, but, that's an awfully low bar...

DH. "Score more runs! The fans like it!" Imbeciles. Why screw up the game for TV? It's worked just fine for 100+ years. Next thing you know, they'll start innings with runners on 2nd and 3rd to "Score more runs! The fans like it!" Go ahead. Debase the game. I don't have to tune in, and neither does anybody else.

Screw Rob Manfred. He's not as outrageously stupid as Goodell, but, that's an awfully low bar...
To be fair, if your complaint is about the DH, it isn't Manfred getting rid of that... More like the vast majority of players, coaches, front-office, owners, etc... The fans are maybe 50/50, but the "game" isn't.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I'm ok with the universal DH. I always thought that it should be the same rules for both leagues, either no DH at all or DH in both leagues.

My biggest reason for not liking the DH is that it allows coward pitchers to throw at hitters with no fear of repercussions. If a pitcher has to bat, he might not be so quick to go head hunting.

FBallFan123

I hate starting any inning with runners on the bases.

But I can’t get mad about the universal DH.

I liked the difference between AL and NL, and the strategy involved.

But 99% of pitchers have no business in a batter’s box.

Pitchers hitting is almost always boring and uninteresting … and outside of Ohtani and a few others (like MadBum, Arrieta).

The bottom of an NL is a time to go the bathroom or get a beer for a lot of people.

Universal DH will absolutely make games more interesting and entertaining.

Last edited: