• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Could joining Steve Sarkisian’s staff as an analyst be the resurrection Gary Patterson needs?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The odd thing, and maybe my buddy got confused, but GP would have a recruiting role?? I assume it’s more of a spotting talent role than actually recruiting.
Considering our Defense the last couple of years, and the grotesque misses we've had in landing starsied players who can actually perform, they're welcome to his ace ability of talent evaluation...

Frog-in-law1995

Fwiw, sounds like a done deal. My buddy said he’s surprised it hasn’t been announced and assumes it will be this week.
From what I heard GP will still live in FW and work remotely but will obviously come to Austin frequently.
The odd thing, and maybe my buddy got confused, but GP would have a recruiting role?? I assume it’s more of a spotting talent role than actually recruiting.
The idea of GP going on the road to recruit for Texas makes me giggle. I hope it’s true.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Wouldn't he have to be an on-the-field coach, not an analyst, to go on the road recruiting?

As an analyst, I suppose he could go on the road and scout, look at players, but actually talk to players and high school coaches?
Like The Rules apply to UT...

Sangria Wine

Any great coach I’ve ever known has felt like they can take yours and beat theirs and take theirs and beat yours.

If all this transpires as expected we will get to find out for sure if Gary was underperforming at TCU as many have suggested and we will get to find out if Gary can become a catalyst in the reconstruction of the Texas football dynasty.

It’s going to be interesting to watch! I’ll not stop being a huge GP fan no matter what school he lands at. TCU fired him and that let’s him off the hook completely for any sports hate.

Eight

Any great coach I’ve ever known has felt like they can take yours and beat theirs and take theirs and beat yours.

If all this transpires as expected we will get to find out for sure if Gary was underperforming at TCU as many have suggested and we will get to find out if Gary can become a catalyst in the reconstruction of the Texas football dynasty.

It’s going to be interesting to watch! I’ll not stop being a huge GP fan no matter what school he lands at. TCU fired him and that let’s him off the hook completely for any sports hate.

please explain your second paragraph concerning how what happens in austin is some sort of litmus test as to what happened in ft worth over the last 4 seasons when his teams went 21-22 overall and 13-19 in conference play

TAINTed frog

please explain your second paragraph concerning how what happens in austin is some sort of litmus test as to what happened in ft worth over the last 4 seasons when his teams went 21-22 overall and 13-19 in conference play
I’m pretty sure that poster is GP’s agent, some type of relative, and/or just has a helluva man crush.

Eight

I’m pretty sure that poster is GP’s agent, some type of relative, and/or just has a helluva man crush.

sangria is welcome to think and believe as he wishes, same as the rest on this board, just curious where the bar is on meeting expectations and how being a consultant in austin in some way would exonerate what happened the last 3 1/2 years in ft worth