• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Could joining Steve Sarkisian’s staff as an analyst be the resurrection Gary Patterson needs?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
DMN: Could joining Steve Sarkisian’s staff as an analyst be the resurrection Gary Patterson needs?

By Chuck Carlton

Sometime in the coming days, word that Gary Patterson is joining the extended Texas coaching staff is likely to leak out.

Barring an 11th-hour change of heart, it looks set to happen.

The former TCU coach has reportedly been spotted on campus a couple of times. Patterson’s background molding top defenses would seem to be an in-demand quality in Texas. There’s even an online job opening for a “special assistant to the head coach” that might be a good fit.

Read more at https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/t...yst-be-the-resurrection-gary-patterson-needs/

TAINTed frog

If this works out for Gary that’s great.

As a back room assistant guy, I can see it working because he won’t have to face the rigors of being a coach at UT. Not sure he has the personality to handle that.

On the other hand, his side hobby will only grow now that he can play at the Broken Spoke, Continental Club, the Saxon Pub, etc.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
If this works out for Gary that’s great.

As a back room assistant guy, I can see it working because he won’t have to face the rigors of being a coach at UT. Not sure he has the personality to handle that.

On the other hand, his side hobby will only grow now that he can play at the Broken Spoke, Continental Club, the Saxon Pub, etc.
Alas, but Threadgill's and other classic venues of yore are gone...

BrewingFrog

But I fear our days of beating UT are ended....After UT officially plays in SEC, there will be very few, if any, matches between the Frogs and Horns....2022, 2023 will likely be TCU losses....
Naah. The Sarkisian Deathwatch is already on, and the knives of the Alumni Bigfeet who didn't want him in the first place are out and sharp.

Eight

Naah. The Sarkisian Deathwatch is already on, and the knives of the Alumni Bigfeet who didn't want him in the first place are out and sharp.

yes, but those alums aren't pro gary. their being pissed about losing to the frogs wasn't because they were so impressed by the coaching job.

BrewingFrog

yes, but those alums aren't pro gary. their being pissed about losing to the frogs wasn't because they were so impressed by the coaching job.
I imagine there are tribes within tribes.

There is likely a solid bloc of Boosters that would love to replace Sark with GP right now. The new Flavor of the Month is always popular, given Sark's miserable performance last season. Can you just imagine the dumpster fire if UT started out like LSU did after hiring Bo Pelini? Woo-hoo! You could see those flames from Fort Worth!

Eight

There is likely a solid bloc of Boosters that would love to replace Sark with GP right now. The new Flavor of the Month is always popular, given Sark's miserable performance last season. Can you just imagine the dumpster fire if UT started out like LSU did after hiring Bo Pelini? Woo-hoo! You could see those flames from Fort Worth!

replace sark yes, gary, no.....

froginaustin

If Sark starts 2022 like he did 2021, he’ll be cashing his buyout check. Or litigating it, after the OU loss.
I don’t know this. I just know it’s true.

BrewingFrog

Liberty Lunch

Armadillo World Headquarters

Rosie’s (I think that was the name; had a jazz brunch outdoors on Sundays)

And other ones I can’t remember— particularly the smaller ones. LiveMusic Capital of the World, once upon a time.
A cousin of mine once worked to book acts at the Soap Creek Saloon. All of those guys knew each other from back in the day. One afternoon, he took me over to Threadgill's (This was in around 2005) and we went up to the office upstairs. There, they have kept all the old posters, memorabilia and other goodies from those days. It was like walking back in time to the late 70's...