• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
the selective high road is not a great position to take especially when you have had staff at one school long enough for a number of things to have accumulated and be swept under the rug so to speak
Perhaps so. Yet, one wants to think the best of those we admire, and are willing to turn a blind eye up to a point. That point is different for each individual, and some may have no limit at all (See: Baylor Regents). But it is important for a Program, and a University to have standards. Once those are bent, or just sneered at, then there really isn't any difference at all between one Program or another in the race to the bottom. Illusions always wind up being shattered in the long run, and while some may treasure the remaining glittering pieces, the whole is irreparably destroyed and only left as a cherished memory.

"A fair time, that may come again..."

East Coast

Tier 1
Yeah, ultimately everything that happened there happened because of a terrible culture. Everyone involved shares some blame but the overwhelming majority of it falls on the Admin/AD/Briles.
I agree with this; I'm going to assume that TCU has vetted Kaz unless I hear otherwise. This doesn't stop me from being a little concerned about the situation.

Eight

Perhaps so. Yet, one wants to think the best of those we admire, and are willing to turn a blind eye up to a point. That point is different for each individual, and some may have no limit at all (See: Baylor Regents). But it is important for a Program, and a University to have standards. Once those are bent, or just sneered at, then there really isn't any difference at all between one Program or another in the race to the bottom. Illusions always wind up being shattered in the long run, and while some may treasure the remaining glittering pieces, the whole is irreparably destroyed and only left as a cherished memory.

"A fair time, that may come again..."

yes, standards are important and i don't agree at winning at all costs

also very important to be careful when tossing stones at programs because there have been more than few players at tcu who disappeared during the off season never to be heard of again or say recruits who came with a certain amount of baggage, or say multiple domestic disturbance charges

not equating to the cover up in waco, but we are told a sin is a sin and for those who don't believe a sin or two has taken place inside the frogs program at times well.....

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
If you were hiring him you would have that conversation.

Ask these folks:

Donati is the man who will be credited for making the hire, sources said, but he received input from a five-person selection committee featuring Donati, deputy athletics director Mike Sinquefield and board of trustees members LaDainian Tomlinson, Eddie Clark and Hunter Enis. TCU also retained a coaching search firm.

FYI in case you don't know the background on the trustees involved:

• Mr. LaDainian T. Tomlinson
    Sports Analyst
    NFL Network
    Westlake
  • Mr. Edward “Eddie” A. Clark
    President/CEO
    Professional Turf Products of Texas
    Euless/Fort Worth
  • Mr. G. Hunter Enis
    Partner and President
    Four Sevens Oil Company
    Fort Worth
Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article256078622.html#storylink=cpy

Eight

It became clear the last few days he was going to land at UF. The LSU job getting more interesting. Anyone seen Aranda today?

the really interesting job search is the usc job. they have been open for quite a long time and the tcu job got more national discussion than usc

they don't have great facilities, haven't shown the willingness to spend at bama or clemson levels etc....but they have tradition, name recognition, and great local talent

how much of negative is being on the west coast and in the pac?

OmniscienceFrog

If that is true and he was not proven to be incorrectly accused- then frankly anyone that had knowledge of that should be suspended including the coaches that signed him (well we fired the HC already) and our AD staff that knew about it

But are really trying to deflect what Katz did at Baylor as say it’s not that big of a deal?
Looking for some consistency perhaps. You would think the the morality high flyers would vet everybody in the football program before they decide if it's worthy of their support.