• The KillerFrogs

What a complete pile of garbage

this season was. A total disaster. I've never despised watching our team play more than during this season, and that includes 1997, although that was a close second. I truly feel bad for those kids who went into the season with such high hopes to have incompetence and mismanagement bring it down to such lows.

In retrospect, it is a blessing that GP stepped down. I hope Dykes can tear down the entire structure and rebuild something worth watching. I'm not going to sit here and say whether or not Dykes is a good hire, because there are arguments both for and against him being a "good" hire. Only time will tell.

I just hope to enjoy watching TCU again. We all got a brief glimpse of how nice it was to watch the horned frogs play with passion and ferocity during the Baylor game. Those kids know that is the level that they are capable of playing. Unfortunately, except maybe the Tech game, it was the only time they could get it all together on the field and play like horned frogs.

I love TCU, and it kills me to see the team fail like this. And I know it kills the players even more. I hope they all wash this season down the drain and come back with renewed enthusiasm in a fresh start next year.

GO FROGS!!!!!!

GenXFrog

Dykes is a good hire.

While Dykes may not have the pedigree of LHCGMFP, it is for damn sure that every other single person on Dyke's incoming staff will be at least as good, if not an upgrade, over what we had this season.

Time for our players to buckle up. We've been on the 40 not 4 bandwagon for too long. Time to remember those 4 are important, too. Especially in a NIL world. (#) 40 and 4.

Goo PM ONLY

Ugly. Despite GP not officially coaching this game, it reflects on him and I think it was time for a change. I like Dykes personally but wouldn’t have been my top pick. Season was hard to watch and this game was worse than score reflects. Lots of good athletes but not clicking. I hope we don’t ‘wander the desert’ like UT looking for a coach. Hell, look at 3-9 Nebraska they’ve sucked for years now after being dominant a generation ago.

PurpleBlood87

Dykes is a good hire.

While Dykes may not have the pedigree of LHCGMFP, it is for damn sure that every other single person on Dyke's incoming staff will be at least as good, if not an upgrade, over what we had this season.

Time for our players to buckle up. We've been on the 40 not 4 bandwagon for too long. Time to remember those 4 are important, too. Especially in a NIL world. (#) 40 and 4.

Dykes actually has a better coaching pedigree that GP when he took over at TCU.

GenXFrog

Dykes actually has a better coaching pedigree that GP when he took over at TCU.

Of course. GP had no head coaching experience at the time. My comment was more towards those expressing sour grapes over SD rumors and comparing GP's current record as the benchmark for SD. (10 win seasons, etc.)

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Dykes is a good hire.

Dykes has a pedigree, GP had nothing when he was hired. Dykes starting out with better talent, better facilities, and a better league.

Last edited:

Frogs1983

Dykes is a good hire.

I am more excited about the hopeful complete change over in Assistant Coaching Staff than anything, including Dykes as HC.

asleep003

this season was. A total disaster. I've never despised watching our team play more than during this season, and that includes 1997, although that was a close second. I truly feel bad for those kids who went into the season with such high hopes to have incompetence and mismanagement bring it down to such lows.

In retrospect, it is a blessing that GP stepped down. I hope Dykes can tear down the entire structure and rebuild something worth watching. I'm not going to sit here and say whether or not Dykes is a good hire, because there are arguments both for and against him being a "good" hire. Only time will tell.

I just hope to enjoy watching TCU again. We all got a brief glimpse of how nice it was to watch the horned frogs play with passion and ferocity during the Baylor game. Those kids know that is the level that they are capable of playing. Unfortunately, except maybe the Tech game, it was the only time they could get it all together on the field and play like horned frogs.

I love TCU, and it kills me to see the team fail like this. And I know it kills the players even more. I hope they all wash this season down the drain and come back with renewed enthusiasm in a fresh start next year.

GO FROGS!!!!!!
Ditto !

Salfrog

Tier 1
I think most of the players will be pumped for the new regime. All of the positions will be given a reset, and everyone will be given an equal opportunity to prove themselves without anymore of GP's "favorites" getting the starting job even though they didn't earn or deserve it. More players will get playing time.

Sure, some players will transfer out but we will replace them with players that want to be here. I will also be happy not seeing the "Wedding guest, ushers, caterers, and valets" anymore on the sidelines.