• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Scheiss SMU but it will be interesting to see who they hire to replace Dykes. I wonder what is thought of Garrett Riley and if they would look to promote him? I kinda wish he comes with Dykes.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The SMU coaching staff: https://smumustangs.com/sports/football/coaches

Hope he finds a better DC than Leavitt.

Interesting former TCU coach Trey Haverty is their safeties coach.
During the 2011 and 2012 seasons, Haverty coached safeties and wide receivers at TCU, helping the Horned Frogs to two bowl berths and a transition to the Big 12. The stop was his second in Fort Worth after spending three seasons (2007-09) as a graduate assistant with the Horned Frog defense. In his final two seasons as a GA, TCU went 23-3, with the No. 1-ranked defense in the country, and earned a berth to the Fiesta Bowl.

And we could end up with Good Job Big 12 coach:

Kazadi_Kaz.jpg

TAINTed frog

The TCU horned frog nation Facebook group is probably the best proxy we have for the thoughts of the “average” fans.

There are a few posts in the last day about Sonny being the guy, so there are probably 100+ comments. 99% of the comments are very negative. The average TCU fans are very unhappy with this hire.

With that being said, winning is all that matters. If Sonny wins games at TCU the fans will quickly come around.
Facebook - the bastion of rationality.

Paint It Purple

I agree.

And I don't know the secret formula, but Mike Gundy isn't really known as a great recruiter (we "outrecruit them almost every year, don't we?) but he is a criminally underrated coach. Maybe he just surrounds himself with really good assistants, I don't know, but you have to be impressed with the consistency of that program. Zero losing seasons, and only two sub-.500 league records in the 10-year run of the current B12. And that's not counting going 23-3 in 2010 and 2011.
Early in Gundy's gig at OSU he was a raving lunatic on the sideline. I think he was his own OC. All of a sudden a new year begins and he's all CEO acting on the sideline. That's when his OSU teams got better and better. FWIW

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

The TCU horned frog nation Facebook group is probably the best proxy we have for the thoughts of the “average” fans.

There are a few posts in the last day about Sonny being the guy, so there are probably 100+ comments. 99% of the comments are very negative. The average TCU fans are very unhappy with this hire.

With that being said, winning is all that matters. If Sonny wins games at TCU the fans will quickly come around.
LMAO…. My wife shows me stuff from that Facebook page. That’s a massive collection of idiots over there.

Tshirt Fan

This is such poor change management, it might be the next textbook case of how not to switch football coaches.
This fiasco was poorly conceived, poorly planned, poorly executed, and especially poorly communicated.
There were other options that JD and VB could have chosen other than the trainwreck that is unfolding before our eyes.

train trainwreck GIF

Pharm Frog

This is such poor change management, it might be the next textbook case of how not to switch football coaches.
This fiasco was poorly conceived, poorly planned, poorly executed, and especially poorly communicated.
There were other options that JD and VB could have chosen other than the trainwreck that is unfolding before our eyes.

train trainwreck GIF
Unless you are on the RACI document you don’t have any perspective on how the change management process is going. And I highly doubt someone with the moniker “T Shirt Fan” has a spot on the RACI.

Paint It Purple

What SD needs to do is to come in strong with his vision & philosophy. Be the transparent HC that GP wasn't comfortable with. Pull back the curtain a little bit. He's in a perfect position to prove everyone wrong and then they'll love him.

4th. down

Early in Gundy's gig at OSU he was a raving lunatic on the sideline. I think he was his own OC. All of a sudden a new year begins and he's all CEO acting on the sideline. That's when his OSU teams got better and better. FWIW
Hard to argue your point. He has gotten better, no doubt and is really hard to beat in Stillwater. Should beat OU in Bedlam.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
So, it's the Worst Kept Secret out there. Bad comms discipline...

Facebook is full of barking morons. If you are getting your opinions from there, God help you.

Beyond a few ghastly possibilities, I really don't care who the New Guy is. We desperately needed a change. The Program had sunk to depressing lows, and it was clear that nothing was going to change to stop the slide. As it has unfolded, it seems that Sonny was The New Guy from the get-go, and that Patterson was playing on a trap-door. The AD had a plan after all. Had things gone swimmingly this season, we'd have never heard a thing, but Sonny yanked Patterson's underwear over his head, again, and his fate was sealed. The trap door fell open, and Patterson dropped down the pit to the hungry crocodiles below...

The New Guy will be hated by some, simply because he replaced a Legend. If he loses out the gate, then the whole mass will turn on him. He must win early and often, lest we become Just Like Everybody Else and march the Head Coach out to the gallows every two years, replacing him with some New Guy that half the fans hate...

Pharm Frog

What's the RACI? I can guess, but I figure accronym-thrower-outerers are dying to tell us.
Let T-Shirt tell you. He’s the one who indicted the project management process.

And I agree with your post about a new coach communicating vision and opening the curtains a bit. Simply must get the program back to being the FTW darling and a point of community pride well beyond alums and diehards. Not sure I’d suggest wearing Fort Worth on the jersey but that needs to be the feeling again. Winning football is the start.