• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

An-Cap Frog

I like the Deion idea……however I do wonder if our Conservative, Caucasian base would support him and the program financially based solely on his race??? I know it’s sensitive but has to be brought up and consideted when hiring a HC. I think our season ticket numbers would increase but our BIG donors would be my concern.
Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

One Frog Nation

"Might, just maybe he has matured in the past 30 years" Really!! Youve drank the Neon Deon cool aide too? This will make me feel oh so much better. MAYBE he has matured? Good God. He has very little coaching experience with only the experience of promoting himself as a player, TV analyst and now a coach for a P5 College program. As P.T.Barnum once said, "There's a sucker born every minute "
I'm no sucker, you are sir!!
Go Frogs!
All true but Kellen Moore is about to be an NFL head coach with about the same experience.
PS I don't think Deion is ready yet for a step up yet either but lack of experience isn't always a show stopper.

Last edited:

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
All true but Kellen Moore is about to be an NFL head coach with about the same experience.
PS I don't think Deion is ready yet for a step up yet either but lack of experience isn't always a show stopper.
Come on, man. A year and a half at a SWAC school vs a year as QB coach and three as OC for the Cowboys are “about the same?”

To quote Eight: No

FrogCoach84

It’s weird how bad I want whoever the next TCU HC is to hire Tom Herman as his OC…and for Herman to keep Kelly and Applewhite on board.

Dude showed himself to be a mega [ profanity ] many times but as an OC and recruiter he could absolutely accelerate the process and at the same time rehab his own value.

netty2424

It’s weird how bad I want whoever the next TCU HC is to hire Tom Herman as his OC…and for Herman to keep Kelly and Applewhite on board.

Dude showed himself to be a mega [ profanity ] many times but as an OC and recruiter he could absolutely accelerate the process and at the same time rehab his own value.
I can’t imagine thinking Tom Herman would be a good decision at TCU in any capacity.

There are plenty of coaches out there that can do what he can do and more, without the baggage.

82 Frog Fever

I’m not sure whether you’re saying no to Sonny or to my assertion but the scenario where we keep the staff together and promote from “within” is 100% the scenario where we hire Sonny.
Considering his past relationship, if Sonny were the hire, I wonder if he would decide to keep any of TCU’s existing staff. ….or just choose to wipe the slate.