• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

jack the frog

Things are accelerating… Barring something unexpected, resolution in the next few days is possible. Frogs going for their #1.

It’s not a 0% chance, but Deion won’t be the guy. Why? Simply put: He has exactly zero experience running a major CFB program, and would face an uphill battle getting HS support in Texas from guys who think he’s unethical. The kids like the idea of him, because of his celebrity and experiences, but coaches/parents and the “underbelly” do not. Somebody will take a chance on him, probably SMU or an SMU type, but it’s a true coin flip with a really low floor.

Is it racism? No. How do I know? He wasn’t the only current black head coach TCU was pursuing/interested in/talking to. Honestly I think TCU would PREFER a black HC if they had the right candidate, but that guy just isn’t available/interested this cycle. TCU has too many good and experienced options to choose from vs. reaching.

Last note: Regardless of who TCU hires, it seems the likelihood Dykes leaves SMU is going higher by the day.

Personally I hope this means we are about to get down to business and sign Napier. Also, Sonny sure doesn’t seem to be in a hurry to sign that SMU extension. I wonder if there might be some aggravation building there.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
What the actual scheiss are you posting about? Everyone KNOWS there are only three genders. Male, Female, Sock.
It's far past time for sock puppet coach at TCU, especially one who reads KF.c threads.
tumblr_p847278O5y1u5yhmto4_500.png

"Sad times are these when the greatest wisdom spouted comes from the mouth of a Sock Puppet..."

Tony Lema

Ticket Exchange Pass
How many universities as members of a major football conference would seriously consider
hiring a candidate with the following resume?

(1) ~ Prime Prep Academy ~ (grade school) ~ head coach
(2) ~ Triple A Academy ~ (high school) ~ coordinator ~ (one year)
(3) ~ Trinity Christian School ~ (high School) ~ coordinator ~ (three year)
(4) ~ Jackson State ~ (SWAC) ~ head coach ~ (two years)
Not a damn one!

CountryFrog

I don’t know. Just saying it’s a possibility.

I haven’t followed college football as much since we got screwed in 2014 and ESPN has become unwatchable

I’ll hang up and listen
There's no one on the current staff who is ready to be a P5 head coach unless you're considering Kill. But Kill isn't a candidate for this job fora variety of reasons.

I definitely think there are 2-3 coaches on the staff who may stay on depending who the new coach is and what he/she/they want.

TCUdirtbag

Things are accelerating… Barring something unexpected, resolution in the next few days is possible. Frogs going for their #1.

It’s not a 0% chance, but Deion won’t be the guy. Why? Simply put: He has exactly zero experience running a major CFB program, and would face an uphill battle getting HS support in Texas from guys who think he’s unethical. The kids like the idea of him, because of his celebrity and experiences, but coaches/parents and the “underbelly” do not. Somebody will take a chance on him, probably SMU or an SMU type, but it’s a true coin flip with a really low floor.

Is it racism? No. How do I know? He wasn’t the only current black head coach TCU was pursuing/interested in/talking to. Honestly I think TCU would PREFER a black HC if they had the right candidate, but that guy just isn’t available/interested this cycle. TCU has too many good and experienced options to choose from vs. reaching.

Last note: Regardless of who TCU hires, it seems the likelihood Dykes leaves SMU is going higher by the day.

“The #1” could be 3-4ish different people, but I’m going to assume what you’re hearing is in alignment with the noise on the other board. Fair assumption?

FrogCoach84

“The #1” could be 3-4ish different people, but I’m going to assume what you’re hearing is in alignment with the noise on the other board. Fair assumption?
Not that it means anything but what I heard at my men’s study group breakfast this morning from two guys I consider to be plugged in…is 100% in alignment with that noise.

And they even took it a step further.