• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Not at all, I’m a liberal democrat. My concern is that can our Trump supporting fan base get behind Sanders and support the program financially. Luckily all of our improvements are complete! This is why so many are squirming in their seat and on their keyboard reading my post that brought it up. He is becoming my first choice the more I hear about him.
scheiss you. Proud deplorable here and this torange man racist [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] makes me crazy. DS is not my choice but his race has nothing to do with it. And scheiss you gery much for implying that it does. How hard is that to understand. Also if america is systemically racist why qre brown people trying so hard to get in.

Dont bother answering I'm done with you. Not worth my time.

I personally won't support Sanders due to his being a man. That goes for the other candidates that have been mentioned too of course. If we aren't progressive enough to hire a female head coach then this program won't get another dime from me.

I'm far too liberal and inclusive to accept yet another man running our football program. It's way past time to include a woman.
Scarlett Johansson would be a good choice I think. Recruits would like her, TMZ would be at every game, the NIL opportunities for our players would be boundless and she has only nine months less college HC experience than Deion. Get her a good OC and DC and we would be playoff bound in no time. Of course, we would just have to hope that Baylor doesn't counter that by hiring Ariana Grande. She is younger and has potentially more appeal to the recruit demographic.

Prime BEEF

The only benefit to hiring him is recruiting. He doesn't have enough skins on the wall coaching wise. And we know he's not a great manager. He left the evidence of that in the smoldering mess he made right here in dfw. And tons of teams get the cream of the crop recruit-wise and can't do anything with it. Look no further than Austin.
The recruiting benefit won’t last very long if his team is losing. So even that isn’t a sure thing

Mean Purple

The only benefit to hiring him is recruiting. He doesn't have enough skins on the wall coaching wise. And we know he's not a great manager. He left the evidence of that in the smoldering mess he made right here in dfw. And tons of teams get the cream of the crop recruit-wise and can't do anything with it. Look no further than Austin.
I don't even think there is a recruiting benefit. Kids that will be true stars in the P5 are not going to a [ Finebaum ] show.

Mean Purple

Animated GIF
You know what would distract from the nonsense and bring every man together here?

Mean Purple

Scarlett Johansson would be a good choice I think. Recruits would like her, TMZ would be at every game, the NIL opportunities for our players would be boundless and she has only nine months less college HC experience than Deion. Get her a good OC and DC and we would be playoff bound in no time. Of course, we would just have to hope that Baylor doesn't counter that by hiring Ariana Grande. She is younger and has potentially more appeal to the recruit demographic.
Naw, bring in Pilar Sanders. She knows how to hit.

Realtorfrog

Good God, are you for real? This isn't the 19-scheissing-50s. This might be the most bigoted thing ever said on this board.
Sadly it was a thought provoking serious question that has been twisted by some to be construed as racist……. Not at all intended that way! Yet my question as I had hoped it would not has had the response I was worried it would.
This thread on my part is over…..I’m sorry for opening up this can of worms.

If Sanders is the guy, Go Frogs! If it’s someone else….. Go Frogs!

I think way too many people on this thread are commenting from a perspective of what college football used to be, versus what it will take to win championships in the future. The game has changed dramatically in the past year alone and TCU is already far behind. First and foremost, college football has always been about the recruits and talent. Can anyone here actually make an argument that Sonny Dykes is going to attract better recruits than Deion freaking Sanders? And what about the upside? Is there anyone here who actually believes Sonny Dykes could win a National Championship at TCU? If you’re just hoping for safe mediocrity with a few 10 win seasons thrown in, then fine. But if we’re trying to reach the top of the mountain, that takes risks. Yes, Deion could flame out. He could leave after a few years. But every single TCU game with him at the helm would be a National event. Every recruit in the country would be at least within our grasp. And the NIL game, combined with our wealthy Alum base would be unstoppable. All I hear are a bunch of scared middle aged men looking for the safe choice on here. I hope the Board of Trustees thinks differently.

Palliative Care

To me it is not about selecting the safe option but rather the coach that will rise up with the time. However, Coach Sanders is still more of an unknown that most all the other names presented. To many of us his past before he became a head coach was rather unsettling. Has he “matured” enough to leave his rather edgy past behind? I really do not know. He needs to show that he has. That would go along way to putting him in the job or not if he cannot.