• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

JAB331

Please explain how the 'Deion Hype' is going to be the difference between a 13-0 or 12-1 TCU team getting into the playoffs, and not.
It's the opposite actually, it's the argument for a 13-0 TCU team against a 12-1 from B10 or SEC. If people are taking about our program and lobbying for us, we have a better chance of getting the nod.

It should be the end of your story. Nobody cares about your or my thoughts or opinions. The players want to be coached by Deion Sanders, they have made that clear. Get over yourself and get on board or get out of the way.

What in the world could you possibly think matters more than who the current TCU players want to play for? My word the delusions of grandeur on this board are astounding.
I can't believe I'm responding to this seriously, but I've been a huckleberry before.

Outside of maybe ZE, nobody on that team has ever been coached by Sanders, at least for more than a couple of days at a camp or something. So they can't possibly 'know' they want him as a coach.

Maybe you are confusing this with past situations where players did advocate successfully for a coach who was already on staff to be promoted to head coach and it worked out. Those are rare cases, but they do exist.

dkfrog

Some of you are too blinded by the GP years to see that a CEO type HC (like Prime) with talented X’s and O’s Assistants is a very good result of this search. My #1 problem with GP over the past few years (and maybe longer) is that he was too interested in the X’s snd O’s to pay attention to the big picture and management of the team and coaches at large.

JAB331

It's it really that bad to take on a Prime Time experiment for the next three years? It's better than what we had two weeks ago, it's a champagne problem really, and it's guaranteed to be entertaining.

Wexahu

It should be the end of your story. Nobody cares about your or my thoughts or opinions. The players want to be coached by Deion Sanders, they have made that clear. Get over yourself and get on board or get out of the way.

What in the world could you possibly think matters more than who the current TCU players want to play for? My word the delusions of grandeur on this board are astounding.
God help us if the players are the ones doing the hiring.

You're an idiot. Or else this is just some stupid bit you're doing.

hiphopfroggy

God help us if the players are the ones doing the hiring.

You're an idiot. Or else this is just some stupid bit you're doing.
Says the guy that wants Dykes over Evans

Man Slapping Couch Laughing GIF

It's it really that bad to take on a Prime Time experiment for the next three years? It's better than what we had two weeks ago, it's a champagne problem really, and it's guaranteed to be entertaining.
The odds of him absolutely wrecking our program are much greater than him even becoming a mediocre coach.

For what it's worth, VB, JD and this 'committee' are very astute risk managers. Anybody who sits in those seats is obligated to be, and this is not unique to TCU.

If we hire him, then I'm all on board, because that means that they've received some pretty darn good guarantees on who he is bringing with him for a staff and what his recruiting/NIL plans will be. I'm very skeptical that he'll be able to demonstrate to them that he has his arms around all that, though.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I believe the ancient Chinese had a phrase: "May you live in interesting times."

It was meant as a curse.

Wexahu

Says the guy that wants Dykes over Evans

Man Slapping Couch Laughing GIF
I couldn't care less whether Evans leaves or not, I've made that clear. In fact, truthfully, I'd wish he'd go. He's a distraction, and since he's a part-time player, not worth the trouble.

The team that said no thanks to him two years ago is now #1 in the country and kicking everyone's ass. We just played our best game of the year and he didn't play a down. We don't need him.

hiphopfroggy

I can't believe I'm responding to this seriously, but I've been a huckleberry before.

Outside of maybe ZE, nobody on that team has ever been coached by Sanders, at least for more than a couple of days at a camp or something. So they can't possibly 'know' they want him as a coach.

Maybe you are confusing this with past situations where players did advocate successfully for a coach who was already on staff to be promoted to head coach and it worked out. Those are rare cases, but they do exist.
Who cares what you or I think? Nobody.

Evans and his teammates have clearly stated that they want to play for Coach Prime. There is nothing else to be said that matters.

hiphopfroggy

I couldn't care less whether Evans leaves or not, I've made that clear. In fact, truthfully, I'd wish he'd go. He's a distraction.

The team that said no thanks to him two years ago is now #1 in the country and kicking everyone's ass. We just played our best game of the year and he didn't play a down. We don't need him.
You think TCU is better off without their best player...

laughing so hard tom cruise GIF

gofor2

The players want to be coached by Deion Sanders, they have made that clear.
If I'm an AD, I may want hear players opinions because its part of the information gathering process. It may help determine if an in-house candidate would be a good hire. However, players should not be choosing the candidate.

Two questions
1. How many players have voiced this?
2. Why have an Athletic Director if we are going to let the players decide? Perhaps we should just scuttle that whole department.

Last edited:

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse

What matters more are the attitudes of the AD, Chancellor, BoT and the folks who pay the bills. The desires of the current players is probably just above what I want in terms of how this thing plays out.

They are not hiring Deion Sanders.

Next.

JAB331

For what it's worth, VB, JD and this 'committee' are very astute risk managers. Anybody who sits in those seats is obligated to be, and this is not unique to TCU.

If we hire him, then I'm all on board, because that means that they've received some pretty darn good guarantees on who he is bringing with him for a staff and what his recruiting/NIL plans will be.

Yeah, I feel the same way about any coach, whoever we hire I'm behind and will conclude that the committee had a good reason for doing it. They've shown they are taking this seriously, and that's really all I want as a fan.