• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

FWIW, I'm for Peterson. Best resume; and would, in my view, be the best fit.
Petersen and Campbell are higher echelon resumes than the rest because of the P5 and Boise success—resumes of proof. In my book, when Petersen was active he was THE best coach. Today, I think Campbell is the best Big 12 coach, ahead of Riley because of his team success relative to their team recruiting ranking, and I like that his team commits few penalties which suggests good coaching and player buy-in.

Last edited:

lowfrog

His name hasn’t been mentioned by anyone close to the search in over a week.
Getting Peterson would be great. But he retired from UW and football two years ago. Has the TCU search committee contacted him? Does he want to come out of retirement? Are negotiations underway? At this point no one except those on the TCU search committee knows.

FinanceFrog

So would LSU be concerned is we hired Deion?
How about Dykes?
Campbell?? Doubt it
But if we hire Napier. … they would be cause our LA pipeline would double with more diamonds leaving. So what we waiting on

our top criteria should be whether or not LSU is concerned with who we hire?

Mean Purple

Getting Peterson would be great. But he retired from UW and football two years ago. Has the TCU search committee contacted him? Does he want to come out of retirement? Are negotiations underway? At this point no one except those on the TCU search committee knows.
He said earlier this season he was enjoying doing the analyst thing and life was way easier. But I guess everyone has a price.

If Matt Campbell could squeeze in one good interview and be convinced that TCU is a good place for him while not throwing up any red flags....

Maybe TCU should take a Dog and Pony Show to his house in Ames. Maybe a Letter of Intent. And why couldn’t TCU let him finish the season in Ames if he is their man?

Last edited:

TCURiggs

I'm sure we're interested in Campbell, but I also believe that he's a guy that really won't do anything/make a decision till the season is over, and that may cost him the job here (if he really even wants it). I get the feeling that we're itching to get something done soon, as we should be, and we're trying to make that happen with Napier, but we'll end up with Dykes if we can't get that done.

Anybody else there?

I'm sure we're interested in Campbell, but I also believe that he's a guy that really won't do anything/make a decision till the season is over, and that may cost him the job here (if he really even wants it). I get the feeling that we're itching to get something done soon, as we should be, and we're trying to make that happen with Napier, but we'll end up with Dykes if we can't get that done.

Anybody else there?
Sounds plausible for sure.

Moose Stuff

Anybody else there?
Agree with all this. If Campbell is interested in this job he needs to speak up now. We can’t wait that long. Give me Napier tomorrow and I’m happy. Would really love to keep Kelly/Applewhite/Gonzales if possible but not a deal breaker for me on either Napier or Campbell. It would be for Dykes though.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Deion will get lots of press attention, but I think his chances of actually getting the job are equally as unlikely. In other words, the ratio of ink spilled to hiring likelihood is exactly opposite.

Is that a reciprocal fraction? Whatever.
Inverse relationship. Everyone outside of this board is flogging the story for reasons other than actually moving toward a deal for HC here