• The KillerFrogs

NBC DFW: TCU Settles Federal Racial Discrimination Lawsuit Filed Last Year

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU Settles Federal Racial Discrimination Lawsuit Filed Last Year​

Scott Gordon

A federal lawsuit that alleged history of racial discrimination at Texas Christian University has been settled, according to court documents.

The lawsuit was originally filed in January 2020 by a former Black TCU honors student who said she was “dehumanized, harassed and discriminated against” over a period of two years and was paid less than white students at a campus job.

The suit also accused TCU of being “bigoted, narrow-minded and hypocritical in its treatment of racial minorities.”

tjcoffice

Its not the best lawsuit I have ever seen. It takes them 40 pages to start addresisng the actual discriminaiton they are suing about. The plaintiff alleges some 10 or 12 different causes of action, whch suggests they are just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. I think anytime you start in the year 1873 to talk about discrimination that occurred in 2018, you are starting at a deficit.

Chongo94

Wasn’t @Froglaw giving us updated info about all this for a time? Maybe he can provide some additional light to this finality?

Last edited:

Froglaw

Wasn’t @Froglaw giving us updated info about all this for a time? Maybe he can provide some additional light to this finality?

I was following it.

Plaintiffs survived a FRCP 12(b)(6) Motion to Dismiss

That paves the way to discovery which would expose the defendants to a lot of inconvenience and expense.

My guess is that it settled in the low six figures with nondisclosure agreements out the Wazoo.

Let’s say goodbye and move on.

Spike

Its not the best lawsuit I have ever seen. It takes them 40 pages to start addresisng the actual discriminaiton they are suing about. The plaintiff alleges some 10 or 12 different causes of action, whch suggests they are just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. I think anytime you start in the year 1873 to talk about discrimination that occurred in 2018, you are starting at a deficit.

Do you have it as a pdf? I have a morbid curiosity but don't wanna spend $3 on pacer.

NewFrogFan

I was following it.

That paves the way to discovery which would expose the defendants to a lot of inconvenience and expense.

My guess is that it settled in the low six figures with nondisclosure agreements out the Wazoo.

So was there a “winner”?

Spike

So was there a “winner”?
Technically no. Most settlement agreements have recitals to the effect that neither party is admitting fault. I suspect this was more of a business decision than a legal one. Often is easier and cheaper to just settle.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I understand why suits like this settle but at some point an institution can become an easy target if they just roll over and settle suits like this and Listenbee. Now that I think about it, my neck has been sore this fall from turning my head so quickly as players have run by our defenders.
No, those were ShowGirls.

Chongo94

I was following it.

Gracias.

Do you have it as a pdf? I have a morbid curiosity but don't wanna spend $3 on pacer.
Here is the Original Complaint.

Here is the 2nd Amended Complaint.

Spike

Here is the Original Complaint.

Here is the 2nd Amended Complaint.

Thanks,
Is Dr. Andrew Schoolmaster a real person?