• The KillerFrogs

Sounds like Wells is out at Tech….

bp4tcu

The guys at this level of coaching are generally smart and looking for a long final stop in their careers, if given the option of TCU/FW over Lubbock odds are heavily in the favor of TCU due to location alone much less being much easier to win/recruit
Not really sure how you can just assume that about Dykes. He’s a Tech alum, from the area, his dad coached there…

Not saying it’s a done deal by any means but you can’t just assume FTW is better than LBK for him.

Salfrog

Tier 1
That is not really true. No one, not even you, would walk in today and fire GP.
I would. I don't want GP here anymore. He has thrown the fans & everyone he can think of under the bus for everything that is wrong with this team for years except himself. He has refused to go out and actually hire good assistants coaches, and doesn't allow anyone access to the program because he's a delusional idiot. Blames other teams coaches for stealing his signals and getting together to discuss how to beat his defense. Where does it end?

It's been time for a total reset for years now. If he had made actual changes to his staff over the years, things might be different, but he has made it clear no one is telling him how to run his program, and he will do want he wants no matter the consequences.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
But you can still bowl with “little people”…
I remember some stand-up comedian with a routine done to Harry Caray's voice: "Tuesday is 'Bring a Dwarf to Wrigley Field Day' so go and find your little friends and bring them out to Wrigley, folks. Gosh, I sure hope things go better than last year... They were tossing the little fellows out of the bleachers..."

Realtorfrog

Won't find a finer gentleman and father. I want nothing more than to see him thrive and succeed.

I remember an interview with Coach P and in the background you could see Cumbie tossing his kids up in the air. As a dad of 3 boys and 1 girl, it actually brought a tear to my eye.
Yeah saw him many times at Vickery Cafe, just he and the kids.

NewFrogFan

Not really sure how you can just assume that about Dykes. He’s a Tech alum, from the area, his dad coached there…

Not saying it’s a done deal by any means but you can’t just assume FTW is better than LBK for him.
I went to USAF UPT at Reese, when I left the B52H to go to be a T38 IP the personnel folks asked me if I wanted to go back to Lubbock, NFW and I went to Columbus Ms and if I had to do it again, would do the same!

That said, if Dykes get offered TT, I bet he is all over it. It is the job open right now!

Realtorfrog

What alternative reality are you in? He’s been on the hot seat since he hired Wells, had a WBB scandal, and lost Beard. Unfortunately, his wealthiest donor/alum/regent wants him out. His continued employment at Tech depends on this hire (though to a significant degree he may continue to be protected by a popular president that likes him).
Pretty connected to the program….see Kirby when he is here or we are out there….