• The KillerFrogs

TCU Gives Day -- Because $66,600 Is Not Enough

Used to be unlimited swipes. Now students don’t even get 3 meals a day.

For $65k - beyond stupid

giphy.gif

Pharm Frog

Used to be unlimited swipes. Now students don’t even get 3 meals a day.

For $65k - beyond stupid

What do you mean? Students don’t get three meals a day with their meal plan or just don’t get 21 meals a week? When I was in school many years ago the cafeteria was closed on Sunday night so your meal plan only got you 20 meals a week. This was awesome because the community restaurants catered to students on Sunday nights and it was fantastic. But I’m not a TCU undergrad.

helcap

You get 19 swipes per week, so yes not quite 3 per day. You can use up to 6 in one day. I have noticed that meals at the Market Square are "all you care to eat." When I was at TCU they would not have made a high margin on me.

You get 19 swipes per week, so yes not quite 3 per day. You can use up to 6 in one day. I have noticed that meals at the Market Square are "all you care to eat." When I was at TCU they would not have made a high margin on me.
Someone balanced the budget well. In 2018 TCU brought in $22,438,592 in dining services revenue and had $22,438,592 in expenses/exempt function rev. resulting in a ... net gain of ... $0.

Pharm Frog

My opinion is that if you swipe six times in a day that’s on you…not the school.

ticketfrog123

Nobody would waste a swipe on breakfast if you’re going to make them count or choose

Fiscuits

Like many of you, Steel is being bombarded by entreaties to donate money to TCU the last month or so, reaching a crescendo with the day that has been designated as TCU Gives Day, tomorrow.

TCU costs now $66,600 to attend: https://admissions.tcu.edu/afford/cost-estimate.php

This is almost a comedy act that TCU thinks anyone would fall for this.

The endowment is $2.1 BILLION : https://magazine.tcu.edu/fall-2021/university-endowment

Philanthropic campaign? What needy cause is this campaign to benefit? Oh, poor lil TCU...

Side Eye...

Does anyone on here intend to donate money tomorrow? If so, why?
No and no

Stopped all giving in 2018. TCU has more money than Midas and the thought of giving them more is ridiculous.

FinanceFrog

My contribution is designated towards student academic scholarships to help more afford the high cost of attendance. The only thing I ever fell for was at one time thinking you were just a smart azz, now I realize you are more a dumb azz

bible joke: Ruth patiently waited for her mate Boaz.’ While you are waiting on YOUR Boaz, don’t settle for any of his relatives: Broke-az, Po-az, Lyin-az, Cheating-az, Dumb-az, Drunk-az, Cheap-az, Lockedup-az, Goodfornothing-az, Lazy-az, and especially his third cousin, Beatinyo-az… Wait on your Boaz and make sure he respects Yoaz.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
This is so true. They used to do a pretty good job reaching out to alums to keep them engaged with the university without asking for money ALL THE DAMN TIME. A few years into VB's tenure that was cut back, and back, and back again until it is totally absent.

EDIT: Oh, they haven't cut the TCU Magazine yet, so there is that....
When TCU very effectively removed me from my long term season tickets, teased me with the possibility of club seating, and then didn't bother to call and let me know that all the club seats were taken while I was making the 3 hour drive to the ticket office, I quit making donations. I also changed my will to remove them as a beneficiary. I firmly yet politely told the nice young students "NO" when they called asking for donations. Now, they no longer call, and the TCU Magazine is a distant memory as well.

MAcFroggy

When TCU very effectively removed me from my long term season tickets, teased me with the possibility of club seating, and then didn't bother to call and let me know that all the club seats were taken while I was making the 3 hour drive to the ticket office, I quit making donations. I also changed my will to remove them as a beneficiary. I firmly yet politely told the nice young students "NO" when they called asking for donations. Now, they no longer call, and the TCU Magazine is a distant memory as well.
Serious question… What year was this? When was the last time tcu required people to go to the ticket office to pick out seats?