• The KillerFrogs

GP / DM -

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
Its amazing what happens when you decide to play the game like Men, instead of like a Powder Puff team.

Against Oklahoma, you'll need to do what you didn't do against Texas or SMU.

Control the CLOCK, Pound the ball right at them - STRAIGHT AHEAD!!!!, Keep your average Defense OFF the field,
Try and wear down their defense, and throw the ball over them when they start to creep up against the run.
Easier said than done.

Your QB still throws the ball in the ground to open receivers. LIMIT his passes, don't throw the ball willy nilly with a QB that cant throw accurately!!...

Moose Stuff

Its amazing what happens when you decide to play the game like Men, instead of like a Powder Puff team.

Control the CLOCK, Pound the ball right at them - STRAIGHT AHEAD!!!!, Keep your average Defense OFF the field,
Try and wear down their defense, and throw the ball over them when they start to creep up against the run.
Easier said than done.

Your QB still throws the ball in the ground to open receivers. LIMIT his passes, don't throw the ball willy nilly with a QB that cant throw accurately!!...
Max was 8-10 and threw his best deep ball of the year on Saturday. Complain when he gives you a reason to.

Virginia Frog

Easier said than done.

Spot on. But we need more than THIS.

Prayer is what we need!

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
Max was 8-10 and threw his best deep ball of the year on Saturday. Complain when he gives you a reason to.
Her threw a pass to a wide open receiver 10 yards from him... and it hit the ground 2 yards in front of the WR..

My 12 year old grandson could have completed the pass.

He always gives me reason too. At this level you cant do that. And, #$%^&^%$#$%^& off!!

Zubaz

Easier said than done. OU pretty much took Bijan out of the game in the second half. Their run defense is way, way, way better than Tech's....and their coach isn't dumb enough to keep a 3 down front on a team that completed 4 passes in the first half. I think we're going to have to, at the very least, keep them honest with a passing game if we want a chance.

Wexahu

Easier said than done. OU pretty much took Bijan out of the game in the second half. Their run defense is way, way, way better than Tech's....and their coach isn't dumb enough to keep a 3 down front on a team that completed 4 passes in the first half. I think we're going to have to, at the very least, keep them honest with a passing game if we want a chance.

We're going to have to do more than "keep them honest" in the passing game if we want a chance. Everything is going to have to clicking, we might need to score TDs on over half our possessions if the defense doesn't get tougher. And I don't think running the ball 2/3 of the time is going to get that done against a decent defense. The passing game HAS to improve or else the running game is going to start getting stuffed.

Eight

We're going to have to do more than "keep them honest" in the passing game if we want a chance. Everything is going to have to clicking, we might need to score TDs on over half our possessions if the defense doesn't get tougher. And I don't think running the ball 2/3 of the time is going to get that done against a decent defense. The passing game HAS to improve or else the running game is going to start getting stuffed.

true, but not impossible and you use the attitude about the run game the frogs showed this past week to open things in the passing game

you don't use the empty backfield or go in the opposite direction from the run game because the very best thing this team does is run the ball with miller and evans and the frogs can't take that threat out of their offense

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Her threw a pass to a wide open receiver 10 yards from him... and it hit the ground 2 yards in front of the WR..

My 12 year old grandson could have completed the pass.

He always gives me reason too. At this level you cant do that. And, #$%^&^%$#$%^& off!!
What? Every pass is not perfect and completed? Even when flushed out of the pocket, throwing across your body with pressure bearing down? [ get out of here ].

Wexahu

true, but not impossible and you use the attitude about the run game the frogs showed this past week to open things in the passing game

you don't use the empty backfield or go in the opposite direction from the run game because the very best thing this team does is run the ball with miller and evans and the frogs can't take that threat out of their offense

I am not saying take that threat out of the offense at all. Make it the staple of the offense, I'd be fine with that. But the passing game needs to get much better or the ceiling for this offense is limited. You are RARELY gonna go on a 75-yard drive without completing a few nice throws.

Games like Tech can skew perception quite a bit. Some of the defense played in that game was just laughable. I wouldn't count on seeing that again.

Eight

I am not saying take that threat out of the offense at all. Make it the staple of the offense, I'd be fine with that. But the passing game needs to get much better or the ceiling for this offense is limited. You are RARELY gonna go on a 75-yard drive without completing a few nice throws.

Games like Tech can skew perception quite a bit. Some of the defense played in that game was just laughable. I wouldn't count on seeing that again.

agree and a big part of the offense that was missing last week is quentin. not on the deep balls, but his ability to run after the catch on this intermediate routes can be big if the frogs make ou focus on stopping the ground game.

think we all agree that we hope to see the downhill run game be the core of the offense and build out from there be it max on the keeper, play action, would love to see some bootleg action where he is given the choice of a receiver or run

far more confident the offense can have some success versus the defense getting a key stop right now based upon the first 5, actually the last 4 games of this season

Eight

I think we should consider putting our tailback as the QB and lining up an undersize WR in a sprinter stance parallel to the line of scrimmage.

personally think jug's tiebreaker this week is guess which walk on wr will take a snap from the wild frog formation since ou will most likely be planning on miller and evans

Froggish

Easier said than done.

I agree with pounding the rock and shortening the game but not because Max needs to have his throws limited. It's because Max's arm will be deadlier if you established the LOS of scrimmage and force OU to add to the box. If that happens Max will have open WR.