• The KillerFrogs

Zach Evans

Wog68

I’ll tell you what is true, when we trotted out Ryan Christian at RB at Texas because our RB corps was decimated, he didn’t pull this “I’m tired” nonsense.

I miss those days where we had real heart and effort.
Maybe just for fun, we should recruit a couple of Ryan Christian/Norm Bulaich/Ross Montgomery type RB's, play them, and see what happens.

Last edited:
So we have a “handler(s)” who dictates to our coaching staff how much their player is allowed to touch the ball, and the staff is supposed to work around that. I’m naive, obviously.

I guess sports are no longer about competing and winning.
Yes. Yes we do.

tcumaniac

This is what I have heard as well. He has "handlers" aka agent telling him to tap himself out of games to limit his carries so he doesn't get hurt to protect the eventual investment coming his way

This is what you NIL pushers asked for.
This seems to perfectly explain the snarky, smart ass tone of Gary seemingly throwing Zach under the bus two games in a row by saying Zach was "tired" when asked why he doesn't get more carries.

I hate what college football has become.

Rabidfrog

Maybe just for fun, we should recruit a couple of Ryan Christian/Norm Bulaich/Ross Montgomery type RB's, play them, and see what happens.
Ross the Hoss, and don't forget Tommy Joe Crutcher from McKinney, who got three plus yards on every carry to beat UT in '61 while DKR tore his hair out.

I noticed that Zach hurt his left arm on one play maybe that had something to do with it?

I know TCU alumni back when we cheated maintained an NFL like payroll for players. I don’t see why we can’t hang with the NIL paying players. Let’s see what our boosters come up with. Also if you do see players in ads for products or services try to buy them to help. We can all do our part.

Moose Stuff

I’ll tell you what is true, when we trotted out Ryan Christian at RB at Texas because our RB corps was decimated, he didn’t pull this “I’m tired” nonsense.

I miss those days where we had real heart and effort.
Zach Evans plays with heart and effort. He runs with toughness and aggression and he may be the best blocking RB we’ve had in a long time. This is just me but I don’t miss the days of Ryan Christian being our primary back at all (nothing against Ryan Christian).

Wexahu

I noticed that Zach hurt his left arm on one play maybe that had something to do with it?

I know TCU alumni back when we cheated maintained an NFL like payroll for players. I don’t see why we can’t hang with the NIL paying players. Let’s see what our boosters come up with. Also if you do see players in ads for products or services try to buy them to help. We can all do our part.
Maybe so. I would recommend to the powers-that-be that we not even try and play that game. I know I wouldn't take part in it even if I had the wherewithal. Not with the transfer rules that are in place. If I were to pay a kid, I'd want a binding contract with some term and obligations. Otherwise, you're just getting played.

tcudoc

Maybe so. I would recommend to the powers-that-be that we not even try and play that game. I know I wouldn't take part in it even if I had the wherewithal. Not with the transfer rules that are in place. If I were to pay a kid, I'd want a binding contract with some term and obligations. Otherwise, you're just getting played.
Agree. Football is a pastime for me. I would much rather contribute that money to my 401K or a charity where it could make a real difference.

That is why I will likely not care much about college FB five years from now. It will be a simple transition for me. I have found several other hobbies. I dropped the Dallas Cowboys overnight and never looked back. Haven’t watched more than a quarter of an NFL game since 1997.

HFrog1999

DJ Ukelele sounds like someone you’d hire to do the music for a campus party at WVU.

giphy.gif

Moose Stuff

Agree. Football is a pastime for me. I would much rather contribute that money to my 401K or a charity where it could make a real difference.

That is why I will likely not care much about college FB five years from now. It will be a simple transition for me. I have found several other hobbies. I dropped the Dallas Cowboys overnight and never looked back. Haven’t watched more than a quarter of an NFL game since 1997.
I’m sure there won’t be many of you joining me but I watch more and more soccer and less and less football every year. I’m down to pretty much only TCU/Big 12 college football games and I haven’t watched more than just bits and pieces of an NFL game in a long time .