• The KillerFrogs

SI.com Explanation... Please Read

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
So after I received my 15th private message about this move this morning I thought I'd better put this in a post.
  1. Yes, if you go to Killerfrogs.com the old Wordpress site (which had only hosted the podcast links for years) now redirects to our managed FanNation area on SI.com.
  2. The forum is not part of this change and will always be available here (https://forum.killerfrogs.com)
  3. SI did not BUY KillerFrogs, we retain all rights to content we produce and post on SI.com as well as all previous works here on Killerfrogs.com
  4. This was always the plan Scott and Wes had for the site, not specifically partnering with SI, but I'll explain more below.
  5. Nothing will change on the forum, we're not getting rid of this part of the site, and in fact we're about to release an application for you to better use the forum and receive instant notifications along with a software update to the latest version of the board software which we're in dire need of upgrading to.
Now, some of you knew that Scott, Wes, and myself went down to College Station years ago to meet with the TexAgs team to discuss how KillerFrogs could move towards producing more content. The live podcast at Brewsters was part of that plan and both Scott and Wes were in the process of securing writers and content creators to generate TCU specific content (because the StarTelegram sucks) for KillerFrogs. Unfortunately, Scott's untimely passing put those plans on indefinite hold.

I'm not going to go into personal or behind the scenes issues, but it wasn't until Scott's part of KillerFrogs was secured by his brother WC this year that we were finally able to move forward with Scott's original vision. Of course Scott wanted the Wordpress site I had setup to be our content management system and he had plans to hire a local salesman to secure advertising and sponsorships for the site, but the landscape of online monetization has changed—a lot—since then. When SI approached Ryann about making KillerFrogs their TCU outlet for the FanNation it presented us with a platform and the means to help eventually get the site to where Scott, and now Ryann and WC, wanted to go.

Think of this move more of a change to the KillerFrogs homepage rather than us changing everything about the site. We've just upgraded to SI's content management system and have partnered with writers to provide more TCU specific content. That's all. Of course, if you are a writer or would like to provide content for the site (which might include media passes to games, et al) then email myself or Ryann (first name at Killerfrogs dot com).

I hope that clarifies the change to the homepage. Yes I know there are some things I need to fix like the link to the forum, but like changing any content management system it'll take a few days to work out the kinks.

CryptoMiner

The redirect of killerfrogs.com to the SI site is brutal and could be the demise of the site. It is a very amateurish site and any new visitors would basically end up there first.

Eight

the one constant in life is change so best of luck with the next phase.

the videos with wes and scott, while often low in production value (though never down to frogcast level of production) were amusing because scott wasn't above putting himself and others in akward situations and wes was a great straight man

do agree with crypto on the redirect but again, best of luck with the new venture and thanks for the explanation

TxFrog1999

The redirect of killerfrogs.com to the SI site is brutal and could be the demise of the site. It is a very amateurish site and any new visitors would basically end up there first.
I'm curious what you mean. All we did was change the homepage to SI's content management site. There is still a link to the board. And I'm surprised, given the lack of traffic to the main site I've seen in analytics over the years, that people still used it to go to the forum instead of just bookmarking the forum or typing forum.killerfrogs.com. All we had on the old Wordpress site was our podcast posts going back years, no other original content (which BTW you can still find here: http://killerfrogs.com/podcast/) so if anything this move will allow us to host more content, not less.

CryptoMiner

I'm curious what you mean. All we did was change the homepage to SI's content management site. There is still a link to the board. And I'm surprised, given the lack of traffic to the main site I've seen in analytics over the years, that people still used it to go to the forum instead of just bookmarking the forum or typing forum.killerfrogs.com. All we had on the old Wordpress site was our podcast posts going back years, no other original content (which BTW you can still find here: http://killerfrogs.com/podcast/) so if anything this move will allow us to host more content, not less.

For starters

upload_2021-9-17_11-35-23.png

TxFrog1999

The whole thing looks hastily put up and reminds me of the early Bleacher Report sites.

Also surprised your analytics told you one thing and you did the opposite.
The analytics said hardly anyone was visiting the main homepage compared to the FFF. According to the data most people come directly to the Frog Fan Forum, not the main page, and not the main forum page, just directly to the FFF section of the site.

CryptoMiner

The analytics said hardly anyone was visiting the main homepage compared to the FFF. According to the data most people come directly to the Frog Fan Forum, not the main page, and not the main forum page, just directly to the FFF section of the site.

OK I misunderstood your comment. Its not my site and appreciate to work you do here so apologize for expressing my opinion.