• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Cal

Rabidfrog

Hard fought gritty win and a game we’ve been losing too often lately. Our stars played like stars and Max was good enough. D will need to play better to beat SMU. Really hope Daniels finds his way back onto the field. K Coleman and McCuin would be nice as well.
my sentiments exactly.

Eight

I'm not sure I've ever felt worse starting out 2-0 than this.

think the important thing to do is separate expectations and pre-season discussions from the reality which does have some very positive things

evans and johnston have the physical tools to be stars and not just on this team, but a national level. the popular word to toss around is finding some "dudes" for your team, well there are no bigger dudes on this roster than those two and they simply have to get their touches and plays designed to maximize their talent

miller is a very good compliment at back and the frogs have some more talent at receiver so this offense can score some points if they get three things:

1) max must hit the open deep throws. he made a number of very good intermediate throws and did positive things with his legs, but he simply can't leave that many points and yards out on the field with bad throws

2) the offensive line must get more consistent in the run game and the pass pro

3) meacham needs to set up the offense, scheme, and call the plays to use the advantages he has going for him in #1 and #6.

defensively, the frogs have to get their corners healthy or play their safeties back. it is that simply because they are going to face better receiver groups than cal's and they are going to get shredded

the other thing is the defensive front MUST GET CONSISTENT PRESSURE

other than that remember 2-0 is always better than 0-2

Wexahu

Hard fought gritty win and a game we’ve been losing too often lately. Our stars played like stars and Max was good enough. D will need to play better to beat SMU. Really hope Daniels finds his way back onto the field. K Coleman and McCuin would be nice as well.

Pass rush was lacking today. Really need Coleman back. Seemed to be walking around fine on sideline.

Moose Stuff

Trying to stay positive but this looks like the same [ #2020 ]t we’ve been rolling out the last four years.

I mean we ran the ball 50 times for 264 yards and had 498 yards of total offense (and that’s with taking a knee on the last three plays for a loss of 14 yards) against a pretty decent P5 defense. Considering how many times we lost while looking offensively inept over the last few years I have a hard time saying that today looked like more of the same.

Last edited: