• The KillerFrogs

Big Ten, ACC, and Pac12 officially announce Alliance

TCU Vagabond

I would doubt Dave Wannstadt as any sort of insider. Right now everything is speculation. I'd love TCU/Tech/OSU and other left overs to find a way into either PAC 12 and Alliance or SEC. Both options seem like a pipe dream at this point. The most logical outcome is stay in Little 8 and become something close to AAC or little 8 folds and TCU gets stuck in the AAC. Either option spells the end of athletics as TCU currently knows it and ushers in dark times. Keep OU/UT in as long as possible and enjoy the next 4 years of relevant football because after that it's the minors.
I don't think hes an insider at all, I also dont think hes lying about the rumors he heard

Moose Stuff

I don't think hes an insider at all, I also dont think hes lying about the rumors he heard

I don’t think anyone is accusing him of lying about it. Seems more that it’s just him not likely being the guy that’s gonna be reliable for inside information that ends up being true. Hell if I know, if people keep throwing stuff out there someone is eventually gonna be right.

TCU Vagabond

I don’t think anyone is accusing him of lying about it. Seems more that it’s just him not likely being the guy that’s gonna be reliable for inside information that ends up being true. Hell if I know, if people keep throwing stuff out there someone is eventually gonna be right.

The reason it is significant to me is that it is the first thing we have heard from anyone associated with FOX and saying it came from FOX. That makes it more meaningful than just some guy who knows a guy anonymously

Moose Stuff

The reason it is significant to me is that it is the first thing we have heard from anyone associated with FOX and saying it came from FOX. That makes it more meaningful than just some guy who knows a guy anonymously

I treat none of it as meaningful. Again, someone will eventually be right. Maybe it will be him.

Endless Purple

Haven't had a chance to see the announcement. Any discussion on impact of voting beyond just their 3 - The Big 12 is still one of the 5 autonomous voting conferences. That does not leave with OU/UT.

Here’s a guy a little higher up in the Fox pecking order suggesting realignment is less likely now. Seems like he wouldn’t be saying that if Wannstadt had good dope. Because if Wannstadt knows then there’s a 100% chance Klatt would know too.

Or he could be talking about preventing the Big 10 from raiding the PAC 12 an the SEC from raiding some of the ACC. No one knows so everyone on the outside can keep speculating until that day comes when someone can claim they were right.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Well, whatever. It means that the BIGXII just took a .45 Hydrashock to the noggin, and there's no life support on this planet that'll bring it back. We're on the express elevator to irrelevance, going down. The 'ding' at the bottom (reached in 4 years) means that we go back to playing for nothing, in a nowhere Conference, for nobody. Yee-ha.

ESPN wins. We lose.

Eight

Well, whatever. It means that the BIGXII just took a .45 Hydrashock to the noggin, and there's no life support on this planet that'll bring it back. We're on the express elevator to irrelevance, going down. The 'ding' at the bottom (reached in 4 years) means that we go back to playing for nothing, in a nowhere Conference, for nobody. Yee-ha.

ESPN wins. We lose.

778fc0e6b9855dfc78457bc9f48a5b1a43d6e7b8fa2d95012f249cf854c8f1bf

Virginia Frog

Dave Wannstadt is an unmitigated pile of crap. To use your parlance.
But his mama likes him!

What he says make NO SENSE. PAC to acquire only 2 CTZ schools/OSU & KSU - none of which are in the biggest state ($$$) Texas. (OkSt want's to remain with TX schools - TX is their prime recruiting ground - so if only 2 then TT over KSU makes 10times more sense.)

I like KSU but come on here, his remarks are not credible.

NORMLFROG

ESPN wins. We lose.
A bummer day for sure. I hope that entire team in Austin takes a handful of whatever that flag waving stiff took last spring...with the same result. F them.

NF

Moose Stuff

If I’m being honest I’m kinda enjoying the entertainment value in all this. Some on here think it’s good news and some think it’s bad news. And then there are the people that think it’s bad news but for different reasons than the other people think it’s bad news. Man we don’t know [ Finebaum ].

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
Well if it reaches that point, it's over for TCU anyway. The Big 8 / AAC merger isn't going to have equal access to a playoff, if they even have any access at all.

Bottom line, unless TCU gets a lifeline to the PAC or ACC, the future for us is bleak.
Once TCU was in an 8 team WAC with Rice,SMU, UTEP, San Jose, Tulsa, Fresno and Hawai’i. That was bleak. They won the Rose Bowl in 10 years. I am not going to say what TCU can’t do.

Last edited:

flyfishingfrog

wait - so they come to an agreement with no contract to work together even though everyone's schedule is in place until all the existing TV contracts expire and the whole world will change....

yeah - this is what is called a "media stunt" and will never change anything except potentially kill the remaining B12 teams by cutting off the oxygen until our contract is up.

Last edited:

Limey Frog

Well, they are saying "the Big 12 matters in college football" and basically saying they want it to survive.

In other words, they don't want any of us.

Looks like we'll get something of an answer fairly soon. I wouldn't put much stock in what they said today. They're hardly going to come out in this forum and say: "We're all planning to put the Big XII out of its misery, lolz." If they decide to expand their narrative will be that they wanted the Big XII to survive but that its own members declared it nonviable and approached them first, which is actually the case.

113B34CD-E3E6-4156-9848-941A6D0146B9.png

Mean Purple

Looks like we'll get something of an answer fairly soon. I wouldn't put much stock in what they said today. They're hardly going to come out in this forum and say: "We're all planning to put the Big XII out of its misery, lolz." If they decide to expand their narrative will be that they wanted the Big XII to survive but that its own members declared it nonviable and approached them first, which is actually the case.

View attachment 9422
I just want to know, given that he was running MGM stuff in vegas and elsewhere before becoming the rebel commish for the PAC, if we go to the PAC, do we get vegas show girls doing feather dances at conference championships?