• The KillerFrogs

Shorty

I’m up there on the top row. If you’re on the top row every minute of every game is in the shade. Can’t see video board but there are fans and TVs. Distance from the field is identical to the suites above the main club level.. so closer than the 300s. I’d aim for middle of field if possible.

Sun sets over the west side so if you’re of the mindset that shade is better, go higher up.
We moved from the middle of 234 to the top of 235 to stay in the shade.

stbrab

So what's the thoughts on the 230s, high up under the East side club overhand? Downsides? When is shade?
Been there the last two years. We were on the aisle in 234, five rows down. For the early games, shade the whole game. For the 2:30 games, shade for the first quarter? We moved just over the aisle into 235, one row from the top, 40 yard line. Should be in the shade…I think…100% of the time.

jake102

Been there the last two years. We were on the aisle in 234, five rows down. For the early games, shade the whole game. For the 2:30 games, shade for the first quarter? We moved just over the aisle into 235, one row from the top, 40 yard line. Should be in the shade…I think…100% of the time.

What about 7pm in September?

ticketfrog123

Or, half the country is basically scared to leave their houses. Those people aren’t buying tickets. I assume this isn’t an issue solely facing TCU.

Highly unlikely a large group of TCU alumni are hiding in fear + while they’re already vaccinated

it’s more likely a combination of family obligations + cost + team performance

This seems to be an issue that will affect schools with smaller fan bases more than bigger schools (Bama and auburn will be fine, TCU and Stanford/Miami will take a hit)

ticketfrog123

I think last year hurt alot. People realize there's other things to do on a Saturday besides spending half the day at a football game.

agree - Uber costs are noticeably higher this year and I considered buying parking

not paying $2,000 per year or whatever that most of the closer parking spots want

might be a good idea to lower the parking costs to entice people back

agree - Uber costs are noticeably higher this year and I considered buying parking

not paying $2,000 per year or whatever that most of the closer parking spots want

might be a good idea to lower the parking costs to entice people back
The ppl in my group from Dallas nixed parking in 2018 and now do several of the Uber Blacks in advance (the day before). Tahoe, $160 r/t. per car x 6 games without worrying abt drinking and driving = no brainer.

CountryFrog

Or, half the country is basically scared to leave their houses. Those people aren’t buying tickets. I assume this isn’t an issue solely facing TCU.
No doubt it'll hit everyone to some degree. Problem for TCU is that we don't have 10s of thousands of people on a wait list who will jump at the chance to pay any price to get tickets the way most of the bigger P5 schools do.

I doubt it'll be as bad as many on here make it out to be though as long as the team can actually win some more games. People will support a winner. And if the team ends up being average again then who the scheiss cares whether there were 38K or 44K at the stadium to see it?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Highly unlikely a large group of TCU alumni are hiding in fear + while they’re already vaccinated

it’s more likely a combination of family obligations + cost + team performance

This seems to be an issue that will affect schools with smaller fan bases more than bigger schools (Bama and auburn will be fine, TCU and Stanford/Miami will take a hit)
Cool. I didn’t ask for your opinion.