• The KillerFrogs

OT: Mama's Pizza Buffet

jack the frog

The buffet at Mama's Pizza returns today - June 1 - at all locations.

Recall the young female CNBC talking head back in August bemoaning the loss of all the buffets and self-service grocery store food items disppearing "forever," saying "who would believe in the future that we ever did that?" I recall thinking not so fast, this too shall pass. All of our extremely average Midland restaurants are back to their full line open air food choices.

Not gonna miss the nasty little cheese terrarium sample globe at HEB though. Too many mystery fingers there.

Paul in uhh

Can’t speak to HEB, but there were some hot, young women offering Corona samples at my local corner store a couple of weeks back. Nature, it is healing.
It won’t be normal til Costco brings them back.

this deal they’ve been doing where they show off the food for the last year but not sample it.. no thanks

PurpleBlood87

Once the deli at Kroger had cheese samples but the cars saying what the sample was had disappeared.

Got one cube and it lit me up. Was Havarti with horseradish. I like horseradish but wow that cheese was strong.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Once the deli at Kroger had cheese samples but the cars saying what the sample was had disappeared.

Got one cube and it lit me up. Was Havarti with horseradish. I like horseradish but wow that cheese was strong.
It ain't a party without Havarti.

When in Houston, I really like to shop at a little place called Houston Dairymaids. Great cheese-shop. One cannot buy cheese without a little nibble, so the Plague put the kibosh on that. and, of course, they are all complete mask-Karens, and in the People's Republic of Harris County, so I have not been by in roughly a year.

I hope they are still in business...

PurpleBlood87

In January I was in Midlothian for a high school football playoff game.
I went by Pizza Inn and they were open and had buffet.
Man it was good.
You had to get a fresh plate like normal but they had about 100 metal spatulas to get your slice of pizza and you put them in a big bin with water and some kind of cleaning agent.

tcudoc

Man it was good.
You had to get a fresh plate like normal but they had about 100 metal spatulas to get your slice of pizza and you put them in a big bin with water and some kind of cleaning agent.
Seems like the cleaning solution would make the pizza soggy.

Eight

Man it was good.

WireAP_8d6dbd03d2ff461fa7e569b1309cf91a_16x9_1600.jpg