• The KillerFrogs

DMN: TCU coach Jamie Dixon concerned about adapting to ‘whole new world’ after first losing season

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
DMN: TCU coach Jamie Dixon concerned about adapting to ‘whole new world’ after first losing season

By Chuck Carlton

Kansas State’s 16 straight points spanning the first and second halves against TCU in the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship were just the beginning.

The ninth-seeded Wildcats took the lead and never looked back en route to a 71-50 win in the first round of the men’s tournament. K-State (9-19) advances to Thursday’s quarterfinals and a meeting with top-seeded Baylor (21-1).

TCU (12-14) trailed by as many as 27 points in the second half and shot just 37 percent while committing 17 turnovers. Junior guard RJ Nembhard was the only Horned Frog in double figures with 11 points. He said he would begin evaluating whether to return or explore his NBA options.

“It was very disappointing,” Nembhard said. “You work hard from June on. To see that kind of go out like this is very frustrating, very difficult.”

Read more at https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/t...ld-after-his-first-losing-season-in-18-years/

netty2424

giphy.gif

wilson912

His (and Samuel’s) best bet is to take advantage of this season not counting vs eligibility and stay two more years. He can’t be serious-his turnover stats and poor passing are what stands out to the NBA folks. I would think Miles is our best prospect but he’s not ready at all. He’s regressed late in the season but will hopefully be back and a big part of the future.

Limp Lizard

Remember when with Billy Ball we had more than one player who could shoot?

I have to admit TCU basketball has lost me the entire century. People on here who complained about Tubbs had no idea how good they had it. No telling what he could have done with an AD who supported him.

But that is in the past, Tubbs is dead, so where do we go from here?

CountryFrog

RJ is not good enough for the NBA, a guy that could make the league would be able to score against K St. Our main issue was that he was our best player, he’s a good player but should not be the no 1 option.
RJ hasn't been our best player all season imo. He's just the one who has had the ball the most and taken the most shots.

We need either a true PG to come in next year and/or Miles to develop into the primary ball handler. I like RJ as a player but he needs to be off the ball as a slasher and scorer and not the one initiating the offense.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Curious about what happened internally a couple of years ago with all the transfers. They seemed to happen almost collectively. I took it as too many guys, not enough minutes but perhaps there was something deeper within.

cheese83

RJ hasn't been our best player all season imo. He's just the one who has had the ball the most and taken the most shots.

We need either a true PG to come in next year and/or Miles to develop into the primary ball handler. I like RJ as a player but he needs to be off the ball as a slasher and scorer and not the one initiating the offense.

I think Miles and RJ were toe to toe for player of the season until the coach started giving him the ball more at the end of games and he seemed to run the O through him at crunch time.

Miles is awesome but when our best upperclassman was RJ that’s proof that our roster development is a mess. Seems to be a solid kid and good player but not going to win us many games in the Big 12 when he is our 1A/B player/ball handler.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I'm sorry, but that was a pre-coffee post, and not meant as a knock on RJ as a person or anything of the sort. However, very, very few players make the transition from College to the NBA. To do so one must be truly gifted and show a monstrous degree of talent and ability, shining brightly amongst all the other players on the court.

One would think that, at some point, a mentor or respected individual would approach the kid and say, "Listen, about that Pro thing..."