• The KillerFrogs

Fire Jeremiah Donati. Really. He needs to go.

Woke Frog

I know people think this account is an annoying bit. Maybe it is. But let’s put that aside for a moment and focus on what’s important here.

There’s absolutely zero excuse for the current state of our basketball program, and as much as people want to crap on Dixon, at the end of the day, the fault lies on Jeremiah Donati.

He’s the unqualified leader that got us in this mess by embarrassingly keeping Jamie here against his will. Jamie, a frog, was offered his dream job near his aging parents with a chance to move back home and spend the twilight years of his career with his family, and Jeremiah Donati selfishly and childishly refused to let him go, not only wronging a TCU alum, but also severely setting back our basketball program.

Look. Hindsight is 20/20. It’s easy to trash Jeremiah’s decision after seeing how this disaster has played out. But that’s the decision Jeremiah made, and that’s why Jeremiah is paid the big bucks. To make difficult decisions. Unfortunately, Jeremiah continues to prove time and time again that he’s simply not cut out for the job.

Do we really trust him to lead our program as we try to save our disastrous basketball program before things get worse, and as we navigate Gary’s eventual retirement, and the pending conference realignment? I sure don’t.

Too much blood, sweat, tears, and money was put into this athletic program to let it all be squandered away by arrogant incompetence.

It’s time for competent leadership again. And it’s unfortunately time for Jeremiah to go.

Hell Sent Frog

I know people think this account is an annoying bit. Maybe it is. But let’s put that aside for a moment and focus on what’s important here.

There’s absolutely zero excuse for the current state of our basketball program, and as much as people want to crap on Dixon, at the end of the day, the fault lies on Jeremiah Donati.

He’s the unqualified leader that got us in this mess by embarrassingly keeping Jamie here against his will. Jamie, a frog, was offered his dream job near his aging parents with a chance to move back home and spend the twilight years of his career with his family, and Jeremiah Donati selfishly and childishly refused to let him go, not only wronging a TCU alum, but also severely setting back our basketball program.

Look. Hindsight is 20/20. It’s easy to trash Jeremiah’s decision after seeing how this disaster has played out. But that’s the decision Jeremiah made, and that’s why Jeremiah is paid the big bucks. To make difficult decisions. Unfortunately, Jeremiah continues to prove time and time again that he’s simply not cut out for the job.

Do we really trust him to lead our program as we try to save our disastrous basketball program before things get worse, and as we navigate Gary’s eventual retirement, and the pending conference realignment? I sure don’t.

Too much blood, sweat, tears, and money was put into this athletic program to let it all be squandered away by arrogant incompetence.

It’s time for competent leadership again. And it’s unfortunately time for Jeremiah to go.

There is no question that the current TCU AD lacks experience and is underqualified.
The two previous ADs were much better hires.

froginmn

Look. Hindsight is 20/20.
In my experience, hindsight is [ Finebaum ].

Paint It Purple

What are the qualifications for a big time AD these days. I really don't have a clue. What would a TCU go looking for in experience and background if they wanted to hire a new AD?

Here's J Donati's principle background: Prior to TCU, Donati was with Leigh Steinberg Sports and Entertainment as general counsel and director of player representation. His extensive experience in professional and intercollegiate athletics includes fundraising positions with the University of Arizona Wildcat Club, Washington State University Cougar Athletic Fund and the Cal Poly University Mustang Club.

Donati earned a B.A. in politics and government in 2001 from the University of Puget Sound, where he was a basketball student-athlete. He received a Juris Doctorate from Whittier Law School in 2005 and is a member of the California Bar Association. He is also a member of the Board of Trustees for the Davey O’Brien Foundation in Fort Worth and the National Sports Marketing Network.

Add in the TCU experience under CDC and I'm still not sure this bio would be a top candidate today.

Strat Frog

From Wikipedia: Whittier Law School was a private law school in Costa Mesa, California. After several years of being ranked among the poorest performing law schools in the country based on bar passage rate and job placement,[3] on April 15, 2017, Whittier Law School announced it would no longer be admitting students and would discontinue its legal program.[4] The closure of Whittier Law School will make it the first law school with full accreditation by the American Bar Association(ABA) to shut down in at least 30 years.[5]

Woke Frog

At the time, keeping Jamie was a major win. We were all stoked.

Like froginmn said, hindsight is 2020
That’s what I said in my opening post. Froginmn just repeated me with his witty filter usage.

Once again, I agree that hindsight is 20/20.

However, as I remember, it was very much a mixed reaction at the time. There were certainly a lot of people stoked. A lot of people relieved. And a lot of people concerned this would come back to bite us for keeping a coach against his will that no longer wanted to be here.

Jeremiah Donati is paid extremely well. Part of his job is to make difficult decisions. The way he handled Jamie has played out to be an absolutely awful and devastating decision. Sure. Hindsight is 20/20. But actions have consequences.

Jeremiah was gifted a premier job he was clearly under-qualified for. He was given a chance to prove the doubters wrong, but if you look at the job he’s done so far, it’s been extremely uninspiring and underwhelming.

Our athletic program as a whole is experiencing a clear decline.

So much work was put in for decades to become a premier athletic program, and we did it against all odds.

Why have we become so quick to be complacent and watch it squandered away?