• The KillerFrogs

TCU Arkansas Game Thread

TCUWIN

You think the Frogs realize that putting the ball in play is pretty important in this game? They strikeout like nobody’s business! Is Cumbie coaching these guys?

Pharm Frog

3 runs against a team like Arkie ain't exactly a pitching collapse. It's just like leaving the defense on the field all game and then being mad at them when we lose 10-6.

Collapse is too tough a word for this game but giving up two runs on 0-2 extra base hits and allowing the leadoff batter on by HBP is how games are lost at this level.

jake102

Collapse is too tough a word for this game but giving up two runs on 0-2 extra base hits and allowing the leadoff batter on by HBP is how games are lost at this level.

Yeah. It’s the way we lost the lead. Two HBP on lead off batter and then a triple and double on 0-2. Or whatever the sequence was. It’s telling that our hitters have gotten into multiple full counts and never get anything done while their guys fight off 0-2 counts and rip it

TCURiggs

I realize you hate that strategy, and I'm not going to argue that, but think we've scored 6 runs on 13 hits in 26 innings so far. Offense is more of a concern for me at this point.

Pharm Frog

I realize you hate that strategy, and I'm not going to argue that, but think we've scored 6 runs on 13 hits in 26 innings so far. Offense is more of a concern for me at this point.

This team is built on pitching. We will win or lose based on how well we pitch. Our O will be okay but not outstanding unless there's a couple of players on the bench that we're not yet ready to showcase.