• The KillerFrogs

TCU Men's Tennis - 2020-2021

jake102

And that's probably the nail.

Good on Jong to keep himself in it. TCU will be down 5-4, down a break on each of last courts. Need one break

jake102

Terrible loss for the team. Really poor.

I don't think you can play Paroulek in singles for a while, you just can't lose that fast and give momentum away. Gray also had a horrible performance.

Jared7

Ouch! A bad loss, even though it was close. Our first loss in 362 days and it stings. 6-1 now, and we'll drop in the rankings. Hopefully we'll bounce back tomorrow against the loser between UNC and Tennessee (probably the Vols). We still have an opportunity to go 2-1 at this event, but we need to do it. I agree on benching Paroulek and inserting Kruger or Fearnley in the singles line-up. Losses are helpful only if we learn and grow from it.

jake102

I don't know. There's no shame losing to Soderlund. But he did look really gassed at the end.

Just didn’t like how he let all momentum slip away in 2nd set and then the 3rd set wasn’t nearly as close as it looked. Let himself get pushed around when Soderlund changed his tactics

Longfrog

I still like our top 3 pretty well, and I think doubles will be a big strength as the season goes along. At a minimum, you should be 2-2 or better at that point regardless of the opponent. But without Fearnley, the bottom 3 is weak. Any combination of Paroulek/Jirousek/Kruger/Martin is pretty vulnerable to dropping 2 out of 3. But with Fearnley, it looks a whole lot better. I realize I'm putting a lot on a guy who isn't a world beater or anything. But we can't afford any weak spots and I think he solves that.

Ouch! A bad loss, even though it was close. Our first loss in 362 days and it stings. 6-1 now, and we'll drop in the rankings. Hopefully we'll bounce back tomorrow against the loser between UNC and Tennessee (probably the Vols). We still have an opportunity to go 2-1 at this event, but we need to do it. I agree on benching Paroulek and inserting Kruger or Fearnley in the singles line-up. Losses are helpful only if we learn and grow from it.
Thanks for all the posts Jared. Miss seeing you around the Pro Shop when I was still in town.